Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who the f*** made in law that on the train...

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Guards (or Conductors as they are known) DO NOT issue penalty fares. Revenue Protection Officers do.

Guards can only issue normal tickets.

If you object to showing your ticket to a railway official (which is a railway by law) then the answer is not to get the f***ing train.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
my annual season is now £3204 from Portslade to London. Would have been £3540 if I had included all zones, but I have invested in an Oyster Card for travel in London.

Still a hell of a lot of money:down: :down: :down: :down:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Dies Irae said:
Dont sit by us on the 7:16 from portslade to LB then.

we chat about all things footy, Big Brother, films, births of children, the brighton festival and one of our crew gets on at Hove and then the conversation starts again!

On the way home 5:32, we occasionally drink, arrange nights out together and lots of things.

Whats happened to cards?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dies Irae said:
my annual season is now £3204 from Portslade to London. Would have been £3540 if I had included all zones, but I have invested in an Oyster Card for travel in London.

Still a hell of a lot of money:down: :down: :down: :down:

Yes but at least you get the chance to IPL something.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
£3204 :O

rules me out of the london job market then :shootself :shootself

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Squiggsy said:
Is Sam officially 'crew' now then?

Missed the initiation ceremony!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:blush:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Dies Irae said:

Has that saved you much money? I currently get an all zones monthly ticket from Brighton for £340, but have thought about the same thing as you. Thing is I go all the way over to Tottenham Hale tube so an Oyster might work out quite expensive?

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well, I pay £25 and have a top up on the oyster card, which I havent used yet, so I guess it will save me money.

Also I only go to Docklands occasionally and that would be the only time I would use it.

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Today's was the worst I've seen.

Has a portable radio (not a thing with headphones) on full volume, leaves all his stuff in the aisle, didn't have a ticket, talked loudly on his mobile phone, smoked, and just generally very rude to anyone that came near him. :rolleyes:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't think any of the superior air-conned SOUTHERN trains should stop at East Croydon - they should just sail straight through. Let the ratty little Sarf Londoners use the ratty little Thameslink box-cars innit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here