Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who the f*** made in law that on the train...

bhafc99 said:
My Top Six Commuting Hates

1 Fat people who make no effort to stick to one seat, squashing their sweaty blubber into me and my space with no apology or acknowledgement.

2 Gormless, inane, never-ending mobile phone conversations that go on and on and on and on about NOTHING.

3 iPods and other music players tuned precisely to that annoying level where the noise pisses you off but it's not quite possible to hear the music 'properly'.

4 Men whose balls are so unfeasibly huge and engorged that they have to spread their legs into near-gymnastic splits, so we can all marvel at their incredible virility. These people are undoubtedly wearing suits and reading a broadsheet.

5 People who sit in the outer seat of a two-seater and pretend to go to sleep. Also people who put their bag onto the seat next to them and pretend to go to sleep. These people believe they have a God-given right to two seats, and look witheringly at you like you've just asked them to cut the lawn using nail scissors or something equally unbelieveably unfair and unreasonable when you politely ask if you can sit down.

6 People reading the Da Vinci Code.

to which you can add the w***kers who think that this their personal office space and spread out a laptop, blackberry/palm device, mobile phone, and the papers that they are supposd to have finished working on yesterday

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Edward Scissorhands said:
Then there's the people that eat and drink on trains. How do they make so much noise?

Here, here. I mean, why ?? Can't they last an hour or so between stuffing their faces ...

... and don't get me started on non-commuters who insist on talking in the mornings. Twas a bad start to the day, got on at Shoreham and unfortunately sat near a couple talking very loudly, then a bloke opposite who made as much noice as possible with the contents of his bag, followed by a v. loud mp3 behind me. Missed out on my usual extra hours sleep up to London bridge - gonna be cranky all day now !

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
I'm quite lucky - I'm only on the train for 15 minutes in the morning.

But still enough to wind me up for the day.

God I hate trains.

Another hate: Smelly people. Eugh. Take a wash.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
bhafc99 said:
My Top Six Commuting Hates

1 Fat people who make no effort to stick to one seat, squashing their sweaty blubber into me and my space with no apology or acknowledgement.

2 Gormless, inane, never-ending mobile phone conversations that go on and on and on and on about NOTHING.

3 iPods and other music players tuned precisely to that annoying level where the noise pisses you off but it's not quite possible to hear the music 'properly'.

4 Men whose balls are so unfeasibly huge and engorged that they have to spread their legs into near-gymnastic splits, so we can all marvel at their incredible virility. These people are undoubtedly wearing suits and reading a broadsheet.

5 People who sit in the outer seat of a two-seater and pretend to go to sleep. Also people who put their bag onto the seat next to them and pretend to go to sleep. These people believe they have a God-given right to two seats, and look witheringly at you like you've just asked them to cut the lawn using nail scissors or something equally unbelieveably unfair and unreasonable when you politely ask if you can sit down.

6 People reading the Da Vinci Code.

Agree with all that. But my BIGGEST pet hate is what you've put down as 2 but when they arrive at their destination and say 'Oh I've got to go now I've just arrived <insert station here>''.

Why is it always those people who have a phone that NEVER loses signal??

I try not to make phone calls on the train so a) not to annoy others and b) because it's so pissing annoying getting cut off every 30 seconds.

Oh and I also agree who ever said swap Harry Potter for number 6. Especailly those people who buy the ones with the more grown up covers!! It's still a pissing kids story!! FOR KIDS!

I'll also add people who look down at you just because you've got a stingo on the go. It's the end of the day, I'm entitled to a beer, if I've got to put up with these xxxxx then you've got to put up with me having a drink!

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
As from yesterday, I no longer drink stingo on trains. When Im on my own. When coming home from work. Except Fridays. This is part of the new and improved fitness seeking Tubby Mondays.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The latest pisser for me is having to show your ticket twice on trains. It used to be that you showed your ticket around Hassocks or Burgess Hill and then you could get on with having a kip for the rest of the way but now, they send another inspector on at Croydon to wake you up.

What's all that about? And why do we need some many inspectors anyway - we've got barriers at each end, do they think I jumped off a bridge and through a window?

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Gwylan said:
The latest pisser for me is having to show your ticket twice on trains. It used to be that you showed your ticket around Hassocks or Burgess Hill and then you could get on with having a kip for the rest of the way but now, they send another inspector on at Croydon to wake you up.

What's all that about? And why do we need some many inspectors anyway - we've got barriers at each end, do they think I jumped off a bridge and through a window?

ask them why they feel the need to check twice. there's no answer and they always walk off sharpish.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Gwylan said:

I've always wondered why they bother at all, especially on commuter trains. You can't get out at E. Croydon or any London Station without going thru barriers. They wake me up every day just after Haywards Heath in the mornings.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I had a nice inspector last week! I saw him coming so I feigned sleep and he didn't bother me.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
We had a train ticket inspector post on here once, seemed like a nice bloke. Ticket inspectors and ticket barriers are about the only new bits of infrastructure the privatised train operators have invested in. Wonder why that is?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Why is it rude to read someone else's paper?

No, not because "mummy says so", or because "it just is" - your proper reasoning.

I mean, it's good to share, right?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
afters said:
must have been reading's biggest away crowd of the year!
:lolol:
Typical of them...almost but just not quite a capacity crowd

Gwylan said:
The latest pisser for me is having to show your ticket twice on trains.
As a regular commuter between Glynde and Moulsecoomb, I get pissed off by ANY ticket inspection.

There are no barriers at either station - and no staff or ticket machine or even a permit to travel machine at Glynde. So getting on the train in the morning is free.

There's a permit to travel machine at Moulsecoomb that I always feed 10 pence to in the afternoon.

Any ticket inspection pushes my daily travel costs up from 10p to three and a half quid.

OUTRAGEOUS.

Or at least mildly irritating.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here