Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who should turn the first sod at Falmer?

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Who should perform this great honour? I'm sure Dick Knight has designs on it - but is anyone more deserving?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Paul Samrah

No brainer

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bill Archer (at gunpoint)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Alan Titchmarsh

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Archbishop Desmond TuTu

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Couldn't care less.

Another PR stunt from the club to take attention away from the shit on the pitch and remind us all of how lucky we are to even have a club. Don't worry about the state of the team - Falmer is on the way etc etc.

Just get it built and have the fun and plaudits then.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Norman Baker

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Time Team as the Archeological results comeback with news of a Bronze Age settlement and thus work is delayed 3 months.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Who should perform this great honour? I'm sure Dick Knight has designs on it - but is anyone more deserving?

I can't think of anyone else who deserves it more but there are, of course, those who know far more about how to run a business and a football club than him, and will hate it if he does.

So to appease the minority it might be better if someone like Peter Ward did it. Or a personal choice would be Ron Pavey. (Is he still with us?)

I see from another post that Paul Samrah has been suggested - he deserves it too, but I wouldn't say more than DK.

They might also have a ballot amongst the fans but then there would be dozens of posts on here about how the ballot is biased or which category of fan deserves it more.

And if it rains on the day that'll be DK's fault too.

I'd rather they just got on with it 'behind closed doors' and just told us when it's done. That would stop us having to plough through acres of childish protest posts on here.

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Couldn't care less.

Another PR stunt from the club to take attention away from the shit on the pitch and remind us all of how lucky we are to even have a club. Don't worry about the state of the team - Falmer is on the way etc etc.

You miserable sod. After so many years this is a fantastic moment and one that a lot of people said would never happen. Why not be happy about it (or even not comment) for once rather than just moaning all the time?

In answer to the question, Paul Samrah sounds a good choice.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Couldn't care less.

F**k me - you're a cheery soul :ohmy:

I think it should be NSC's favourite American pole vaulter ....

NAKED :love:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Is it the Falmer equivalent of turning on the Christmas lights? If so, then it could be any D-list minor showbiz celebrity.

But more seriously, if we're going for the heavy symbolism of the struggle stuff, it's going to be very hard to pick one person. You pick Knight, it's easy to say Perry's done all the work. You pick Samrah, he's done wonders but so have other fans like Lord B.

Maybe a way to avoid all that sort of stuff is to let one of the Eaton family do it. That project was one of the best things we or any club has done in recent years, I don't think you'd get many arguments.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Is it the Falmer equivalent of turning on the Christmas lights? If so, then it could be any D-list minor showbiz celebrity.

But more seriously, if we're going for the heavy symbolism of the struggle stuff, it's going to be very hard to pick one person. You pick Knight, it's easy to say Perry's done all the work. You pick Samrah, he's done wonders but so have other fans like Lord B.

Maybe a way to avoid all that sort of stuff is to let one of the Eaton family do it. That project was one of the best things we or any club has done in recent years, I don't think you'd get many arguments.

That would be nice. Sort of symbolic of all the fans who will never get to see Falmer.

Gets my vote.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here