Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who should turn the first sod at Falmer?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Mylene Klass ... wearing that little bikini she had in the jungle.

:drool:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I can't think of anyone else who deserves it more

Spot on.

...but there are, of course, those who know far more about how to run a business and a football club than him, and will hate it if he does.

So to appease the minority it might be better if someone like Peter Ward did it. Or a personal choice would be Ron Pavey. (Is he still with us?)

I see from another post that Paul Samrah has been suggested - he deserves it too, but I wouldn't say more than DK.

They might also have a ballot amongst the fans but then there would be dozens of posts on here about how the ballot is biased or which category of fan deserves it more.

And if it rains on the day that'll be DK's fault too.

I'd rather they just got on with it 'behind closed doors' and just told us when it's done. That would stop us having to plough through acres of childish protest posts on here.

what a sad reflection on Brighton fans and NSC... I'm inclined to agree with you, but would love to see Dick Knight do it.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Couldn't care less.

Another PR stunt from the club to take attention away from the shit on the pitch and remind us all of how lucky we are to even have a club. Don't worry about the state of the team - Falmer is on the way etc etc.

Just get it built and have the fun and plaudits then.

You really are a miserable tw*t at times arent you!

We were always going to be a club struggling for survival until Falmer has been built and then the club can move forward.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I think we wouldn't go far wrong with Fat Boy slim and Des Lynham.
Would give us maximum press coverage and not put anyones nose out of joint

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I reckon everyone who is picked out in the ballot should bring a shovel and all stand in a line and then someone blows a whistle and everyone sticks them in pulls out a lump off turf and carries them to the falmer duck pond and drop them in.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Given the parlous state of the economy I think the club should retain the personal details of everyone in the ballot, get them all to come along with spades on 17th December and then every working day Monday-Friday 9 til 5 thereafter...

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Kerry Mayo

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
my view is that people who have issues with Dick Knight now have very short memories: he did actually play a huge part in saving this club. I think he should brandish a spade, along with someone like Paul Samrah: and also the oldest surviving former Albion footballer, to represent the link with the Goldstone. I've no idea who is the oldest ex Albion player?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If you cast your mind back to the man who gave us all hope after Archer and Stanley and gave us 2 Championships and a playoff final I don't see how it can be anyone but Dick Knight

matt

Mar 19, 2007
They should get one of the youngsters from the Junior Seagulls (or whatever they are called) to do it - the future of the football club and all that...

Or failing that, the bloke who used to play Burnside in the Bill.

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
bob_the_builder.jpg

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Kept quiet on the " Knight has made an enormous balls up getting rid of arch-angel wendy and appointed devil reincarnated adams and therefore should throw himself into a pit full of P*l*ce Sc*m Dick out brigade "

Short short memories SIR DICK KNIGHT Was the main reason this great Football club survived the dark days when no-one else was prepared to take the helm, no place to call home. no money and very little hope of ever playing much higher than non-League football....................so some may not like the way Wilkins left the club but in all Honesty does anyone else deserve the plaudits as much as Dick for getting us this far in our never ending quest for a place to call HOME?

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Short short memories SIR DICK KNIGHT Was the main reason this great Football club survived the dark days when no-one else was prepared to take the helm, no place to call home. no money and very little hope of ever playing much higher than non-League football....................so some may not like the way Wilkins left the club but in all Honesty does anyone else deserve the plaudits as much as Dick for getting us this far in our never ending quest for a place to call HOME?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I also like the idea of a junior seagull playing a part: the future and all that...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here