Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who should be the opponants for the first game at Falmer?

Who should be the opponants for the first game at Falmer?

• Crystal Palace

Votes: 42 18.5%
  • Manchester United

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • Real Madrid

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • Doncaster Rovers

Votes: 119 52.4%
  • Tottenham Hotspur (provided Bob's still there)

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • England

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 33 14.5%

• Total voters

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
definitely not palace, they don't even deserve it.

I would say Doncaster, It was them who we played last on Goldstone, but what about Clapton FC since they played Hove FC on the Goldstones first game, (they are still around, only in the essex seniors league)

(arguably southampton wanderers played BRIGHTON and hove albion on the goldstone)

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
I would agree definitely not Palace. It's not supposed to be about a hostile atmosphere, it should be celebration. Southampton sounds like a decent idea, or how about Liverpool after being their bogey team in the 80s?.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
or how about Liverpool after being their bogey team in the 80s?.

Don't be silly. We'd want someone that would at least give us a hard game!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Donny would be ideal as an early game, perfect as a ramp up event

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think I mentioned this in a similar thread a while back that one of or ramp up events should be the Albion v Doncaster with the teams being the exact same ones as from that fateful day in 1997, or as many as are fit enough to play.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
definitely not palace, they don't even deserve it.

)

I'd hate it to be Palace-and I hope they never set foot in the place for a few years. Let them watch from afar and dream of what might have been.

Oh, and it has to be Donny.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Given that there would be a few games, how about a Dutch team for FDM's testimonial?

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Someone we can beat.

I want a Brighton player to get the first goal at Falmer. :p

On Football Manager my first game at Falmer was a 2-0 win against the Sri Lanka Army team. :lolol:

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Given that there would be a few games, how about a Dutch team for FDM's testimonial?
All-star international team please. van Basten, Cruyff, Gullit, Rijkaard, Bergkamp, Kluivert, Seedorf etc.. that'll do nicely. All close contacts of FDM, I'm sure. :thumbsup:

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
why doncaster?

Fans United 2 in 97/98 season at Priestfield - supporters of both clubs struck up a rapport and joined up in protest against the mismanagement of both clubs by Archer and Donny's equivalent, Ken Richardson.

It MUST be Doncaster as our first opponents at Falmer, even if they turn out to be playing in the same league as us that season.

It'll be great advert to show the sporting world how far both clubs have come since those dark days, and how "fans united will never be defeated."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here