Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who should be the opponants for the first game at Falmer?

Who should be the opponants for the first game at Falmer?

• Crystal Palace

Votes: 42 18.5%
  • Manchester United

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • Real Madrid

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • Doncaster Rovers

Votes: 119 52.4%
  • Tottenham Hotspur (provided Bob's still there)

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • England

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 33 14.5%

• Total voters

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton & Hove Albion Vs NSC Albion

A grand gesture by the club to show much they appriciate there fans and how we've played such an important role in keeping the club afloat.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Turkey said:
Brighton & Hove Albion Vs NSC Albion

A grand gesture by the club to show much they appriciate there fans and how we've played such an important role in keeping the club afloat.

And how much they appreciate the abuse they get on the very NSC you mention. Maybe Roberts would wear a clown mask for some on here.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
<cough> my mate at work wants to know "Why Doncaster?" I laughed and said "Your a BHA fan and you dont know why!?!", so I cant tell him until I stop laughing so could you please explain it to him? ta <cough>

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
DTES said:
And how much they appreciate the abuse they get on the very NSC you mention. Maybe Roberts would wear a clown mask for some on here.

Hey. Players will allways be criticised. I will probably always criticise those who shout abuse at our players. On the grand scale of things I don't think some internet abuse is going to damage the relationship between the club and it's fans..

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Not saying it'll damage the relationship at all. I'm saying there are probably other fans they'll want to play than those form this site who continually abuse.

Turkey said:
I don't think some internet abuse is going to damage the relationship between the club and it's fans..

Very true, and byt the same token it's not just a few internet fans that helped keep the club afloat.

You sometimes have to remember that NSC is NOT representative of all Albion fans. A good cross-section, yes. A majority voice, definitely not.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Yes but as far as I know there is no football team of fans who don't use this. Half of the NSC Albion players never post on here anyway. The idea, which I just threw in the hat for the sake of it, was for a fans team. Possibly saying NSC Albion was wrong. I'm not naieve enough to think NSC is a majority voice. if it was I would be very worried because I think the vast majority of views posted on here rival Bellotti in stupidity.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
I would love for it to be a current Albion v ex Albion team with Steve Gritt in charge of the ex Albion bunch

Be great to see players like Storer, Maskell, Baird, Morris, Reinelt, McDonald see what they achieved on that scary day at Hereford.

Zamora and Beeney should be allowed to play too!

Sorry Turkey, that post wasn't aimed at you personally, by the way. A lot of people seem to think that NSC is the exclusive voice of Albion fans. Like you say, it's just as well it isn't sometimes.

The idea of a supporters team is a nice one but riddled with complications. For a start you're going to have several thousand wanting to play, oops. Secondly, the first team will (hopefully anyway) batter the supporters side, not making for much of a spectacle. Also not many people are going to want to pay good money to watch a supporters team. No disrespect but it doesn't really make for good viewing.

What would be nice is if the club gave free admission to anyone who could prove they were at the last game at The Goldstone. That would be a nice touch (Trigger would also get free admission, for obvious reasons).

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can see it being whichever team Micky Adams is managing at the time. With great respect to Doncaster, I can see the club looking for someone a bit higher profile than them.

Having said that, we're assuming that we will be moving in the close season and the stadium will need a curtain raiser. There's no reason why we'd have to move in July/August, Hull moved into the KCS in December one year. I want to get in there as soon as the frigging thing's built, even if it's half way through a season.

The opening game could easily be a league game against whoever we happen to be playing at that point.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Safeway said:
What would be nice is if the club gave free admission to anyone who could prove they were at the last game at The Goldstone. That would be a nice touch

I'd bring my patch of Goldstone turf along and present it at the turnstiles to prove I was there...

:lolol:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
edna krabappel said:
I'd bring my patch of Goldstone turf along and present it at the turnstiles to prove I was there...

:lolol:

Only time you'll be allowed to take grass in :smokin:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
pasty said:
Only time you'll be allowed to take grass in :smokin:

lol I can see it now, the entire north stand at falmer smoking joints and saying "FINALLY we're here, its time to relax....." :lolol:

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Doncaster Rovers for me.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
despratefan3 said:
maybe the NYC team
sponsored via REMF, for a pre match friendly with
some younger BHA fans?

That's a great idea, perhaps then followed by the 1st team v Donny? Whatever it turns out to be, it will be a brilliant & memorable occasion I'm sure:clap:

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
bring on the palace

10467869_Big.jpg

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
would have to be donny all the way 4 me. born and bred here and my 2nd team. a game that i couldnt miss. by that time it would probably be me sons first game aswell. and i may even bring my tape player from the goldstone commentators box, to hand in at the turnstile. or should i keep that and bring my section of goalpost from york abandoned game?
would be a great occasion to see the rovers helping albion start a new chapter. maybe we could build up the raport a bit more in donny and brighton could help donny open their new ground in 2 years time?

gone looking for a doncaster message board site.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here