Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who on here has seen the Albion at Selhurst

Have you been to Selhurst?

• Total voters

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I KNEW I recognised you!

If I'd known that I would have put Brotherhood of Man on the Misty CD!

:thumbsup:

Jayah jayah Jayah...babylon's sinking

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Not missed a game at SCUMHURST since about 1976.

Think I was there in 89 but I seem to have lost my memory about that one :catfight::catfight::catfight::angry:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Yes, in the mid/late 80's, was about 15 Got chased around outside for ages, then got nicked at the train station, kept waiting in the nick til some one paid my train fare at Brighton.........my Mum.....and boy did I get a bollocking!! Cant remember who we played though?

I saw us play Charlton there. I presume that counts. (load s of time v palace)

and of course seeing Dale Jasper getting sent off on Boxing Day is a particulalr highlight

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Went there about three times in the Eighties, including the game with 5 (five) penalties! (Palace 4 (missed 3) and Brighton 1 (scored). Ian Wright scored Palace's other goal in open play, and we lost 2-1) :rolleyes:

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
First game was a 3-0 win in 1981, John Gregory scoring two, by that time Palace were hopelessly adrift. Saw the 1-1 Gerry Ryan injury game, the 2-1 game with five pens, the 5-0 and the 1-0 McShane, plus a Charlton and Wimbledon game against the Albion.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I know it wasn`t at Selhurst but I remember the game when the rivalry really started in 74 or 75. It was the 1-0 game when Mellor scored before 26 k and Palace took the north stand before the game punching loads of young lads, the sort who would get in the ground early to get on a barrier or near the front. Strangely enough the Palace hard nuts spent most of the game huddling in a corner behind the police once Brighton had got together.

I have never forgotten how cowardly they behaved that day. Got there comeuppence outside as well.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
I know it wasn`t at Selhurst but I remember the game when the rivalry really started in 74 or 75. It was the 1-0 game when Mellor scored before 26 k and Palace took the north stand before the game punching loads of young lads, the sort who would get in the ground early to get on a barrier or near the front. Strangely enough the Palace hard nuts spent most of the game huddling in a corner behind the police once Brighton had got together.

I have never forgotten how cowardly they behaved that day. Got there comeuppence outside as well.

Never want to hear or see that

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Been there many times. First visit was on 23rd sept 1975 . 1-0 to the Albion , Barry Butlin (who? ) got the winner . Palarse had the upper hand in the ground - no proper segregation then - but some of their fans took a bit of a beating at East Croydon station

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Been to Selhurst 5 times. Twice to see the Albion (5-0 and 0-1), Twice to watch Everton and once for some unknown reason to watch Wimbledon v Coventry.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Been there 4 or 5 times, all a bit blurred tho due to alcohol and concussion....:angry::drink::drunk::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here