Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who on here has seen the Albion at Selhurst

Have you been to Selhurst?

• Total voters

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Lots of times.....................in the past when the rivalry was much nastier than it is now. Seen the whole stone/rock/coin throwing incidents in the ground and countless fights in both ends............not that it makes pleasant viewing.....its been a whole lot safer in recent years and the fondest memory was the 1-0 Mcshane game!!

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Lots of times.....................in the past when the rivalry was much nastier than it is now. Seen the whole stone/rock/coin throwing incidents in the ground and countless fights in both ends............not that it makes pleasant viewing.....its been a whole lot safer in recent years and the fondest memory was the 1-0 Mcshane game!!

I have seen some serious violence but the 1989 game at our place was just pure carnage

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
I have seen some serious violence but the 1989 game at our place was just pure carnage

I must admit at the times these incidents seemed exciting and you chanted anti Palace (Brighton * Delete as required) songs and spured on your team and fans in the melee.................but now i am older it all seems a little pathectic......a bit like now i could'nt pull the legs off a spider!:laugh:

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
1981 at your place when we beat you 3-0 and was the main game on motd, was another day of carnage and also at yours in 86 when wright and bright played us of the park ! its great to have a rivalry but that was both sets of fans going a little too far!

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
I must admit at the times these incidents seemed exciting and you chanted anti Palace (Brighton * Delete as required) songs and spured on your team and fans in the melee.................but now i am older it all seems a little pathectic......a bit like now i could'nt pull the legs off a spider!:laugh:

Yeah sort of know what you mean, hopefully as you get older you get a lot wiser and all that nonsense is left in the past.

Fun at the time though i suppose

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
1981 at your place when we beat you 3-0 and was the main game on motd, was another day of carnage and also at yours in 86 when wright and bright played us of the park ! its great to have a rivalry but that was both sets of fans going a little too far!

Hello Wiggy. Yeah my first Palace - Brighton game was in 1978 and i haven't missed one since and some of the scenes witnessed looking back were incredible! How you got home alive looking back is a bloody miracle!

:eek::laugh:

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Hello Wiggy. Yeah my first Palace - Brighton game was in 1978 and i haven't missed one since and some of the scenes witnessed looking back were incredible! How you got home alive looking back is a bloody miracle!

:eek::laugh:
my 1st was 76 at the old goldstone and before the game i saw just about everything going on. thats why i have to laugh when i go on the bbs and see kafka and co trying to pretend your rivals.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
my 1st was 76 at the old goldstone and before the game i saw just about everything going on. thats why i have to laugh when i go on the bbs and see kafka and co trying to pretend your rivals.

Mate Charlton fans haven't a clue about real rivalry do they? They try and stoke it up but Palace like every other club just couldn't care less about them. Millwall and Brighton are Palace's rivals end of.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
was there for the 1-0 , had a ticket for the 5-0 but was ill :(

chucking up listening to albion letting in goal after goal to the scum has got to be one of the lowest points supporting them.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes three times...

Easter Monday. The Kelvin Morton 5 penalties show. Still a British Record.

When Charlton groundshared there (we won 2-1)

"That" 1-0 win.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
my dad came up with the great idea the morning of the palace brighton 5-0 game, he said we should go and get a ticket sitting in the palace end. luckily he called up and couldnt get one so we didnt go but i was there for the mcshane game. great scenes but got a bit of greid the next day being the only albion fan in my school. ah well, maybe i shouldnt have worn my shirt in :)

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
was there for the 1-0 , had a ticket for the 5-0 but was ill :(

chucking up listening to albion letting in goal after goal to the scum has got to be one of the lowest points supporting them.

Chucking up and wimped out..............bad fan...........you could have saved that vomit for a friendly Palace fan:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here