Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is to blame for our relegation?

Who is to blame for our relegation????

• MM - Wrong tactics, Wrong players in position etc etc

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • LDC

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • DK who should have asked MM to leave after Cov game in cup - a new manager may have helped

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • Wages, Stadium, Facilities etc etc

Votes: 75 56.4%

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dies Irae said:
Its very difficult to point fingers.
No its not.

fPointing.jpg

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
MM has shown an amazing nievity in substitutions.

Its hardly nieve. Thats usually reserved for someone in a new position. MM is a long time manager who is frankly inept. His tatics, team selection and ability to lead a team is very questionable. Not just at this club but all his others.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Easy 10 said:
No its not.

fPointing.jpg

Brilliant. I bet thats a Magoo team talk...ok El Abd you go right midfield, Harty you are in goal etc etc

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Brilliant. I bet thats a Magoo team talk...ok El Abd you go right midfield, Harty you are in goal etc etc
Sadly you're probably not far wrong.
Cor, that finger at the bottom is really LONG innit.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Silent Bob said:
How would that possibly affect the team in any way, shape, or form?

Sarcasm is wasted on you isn't it ? :dunce:

Les Biehn said:
Yeah right, who else were we gonna find to mince round the pitch diving, moaning and hardly scoring any goals.

I'll put it another way, then. The board and manager are at fault for not busting an absolute BOLLOCK to bring in a half-decent striker with the money made from the sale of Leon Knight.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Safeway said:
I'll put it another way, then. The board and manager are at fault for not busting an absolute BOLLOCK to bring in a half-decent striker with the money made from the sale of Leon Knight.

That I can see more, but if Swansea can spend that sort of money on a player who can't do it at Championship level how were we gonna get someone in who could for even less than that?

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Safeway said:

absolutely agree with that.

relegated without a whimper. shocking, what a shame.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I blame it on the sunshine, I blame it on the moonlight, I blame it on the goodtimes and I blame it on the boogie.

:dance:

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I dont think its any one persons fault,there should be an option for a bit of everything.

For the record i voted MsGhee,because i think he could have used the players at his disposal a bit better.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
junior said:
I dont think its any one persons fault,there should be an option for a bit of everything.

For the record i voted MsGhee,because i think he could have used the players at his disposal a bit better.

Thats what wages, stadium facilities etc etc is for...sorry

However I agree that the squad is good enough the manager isnt.

KPTF

Jan 6, 2004
Burgess Hill
DK for me, I'm afraid. The buck stops at the very top.

It was evident to all & sundry that the ship was sinking fast -(certainly as far back as Millwall when our manager was tactically out-manoeuvred by a novice in his 3rd game in charge)- with MM in charge and that a change of Manager needed to be made early enough to give the team & the incoming manager time to have an impact.

He got rid of Hinshelwood -(took too long again)- , Wood and Gritt (probably a bit too hastily in the latter's case) when the teams they put out were struggling and I cannot believe that, having made the statement that we want/need to be in this league when we move into Falmer, he allowed MM's tactical ineptitude to continue for so long. There are no guarantees there will be a quick return or that we will be back to this level when Falmer is ready and I find it astonishing that he's sat on his hands this time around.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Good to see that the majority on here can see the real reason.

We didnt fork out on a preoven striker untill it was too late, I personally think we should have gambled on just the one player and broken the bank to get him.

We didnt and we are going down in last place.

The squad we have is EASILY the worst in this division.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
KPTF said:
DK for me, I'm afraid. The buck stops at the very top.

It was evident to all & sundry that the ship was sinking fast -(certainly as far back as Millwall when our manager was tactically out-manoeuvred by a novice in his 3rd game in charge)- with MM in charge and that a change of Manager needed to be made early enough to give the team & the incoming manager time to have an impact.

He got rid of Hinshelwood -(took too long again)- , Wood and Gritt (probably a bit too hastily in the latter's case) when the teams they put out were struggling and I cannot believe that, having made the statement that we want/need to be in this league when we move into Falmer, he allowed MM's tactical ineptitude to continue for so long. There are no guarantees there will be a quick return or that we will be back to this level when Falmer is ready and I find it astonishing that he's sat on his hands this time around.
By blaming Dick Knight's for his apparent inertia, you are actually putting Mark McGhee's supposed tactical ineptitude at the centre of your argument.

In so doing you're implying Dick Knight did nothing. Au contraire. He did the opposite. He has given every bit of support to Mark McGhee that he possibly can. Some might say that is not enough, to which I would say what else could he do? And why shouldn't he support him when (a) he IS the manager, and (b) they have an excellent working relationship?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here