Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is to blame for our relegation?

Who is to blame for our relegation????

• MM - Wrong tactics, Wrong players in position etc etc

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • LDC

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • DK who should have asked MM to leave after Cov game in cup - a new manager may have helped

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • Wages, Stadium, Facilities etc etc

Votes: 75 56.4%

• Total voters

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Bugger me, did I miss something, have we been relegated already?

There are 18 points to play for, look at what Crawley have done winning 3 matches in a row, and thier players have had their wages cut and several have walked out.

If we can string 3 wins together would we still be "relegated" already? I reckon not, so comon, let's wait and see if we can get out of it.

As we know, players read this site, G-N-W came here to try and get us out of it, if he gets sight of this thread, or any of the others, he might just think "bollocks to it" if we are not up for it, why should he be.

Comon you Super Seagulls

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
The Large One said:
That's a bit flimsy Paul, even for you. :nono:

Fair enough Alan, I am not going to get into a heated debate about it, I heard the story from someone who spends quite a bit of money advertising with the club, so I cant imagine why he would have felt the need to make it up.

Sure I want McGhee out, but i'm not that petty that I would make up something (which quite a few other posters on here seem to have heard) just to score some points.

And like I said, its a rumour, wasnt that why internet message boards came to be in the first place ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Rougvie said:
Fair enough Alan, I am not going to get into a heated debate about it, I heard the story from someone who spends quite a bit of money advertising with the club, so I cant imagine why he would have felt the need to make it up.

Sure I want McGhee out, but i'm not that petty that I would make up something (which quite a few other posters on here seem to have heard) just to score some points.

And like I said, its a rumour, wasnt that why internet message boards came to be in the first place ?
Oh yes.

Point is, sponsors and advertisers are fans in the same way as us paupers are, and they are equally frustrated/disappointed/pissed off with the way this season has gone. I am sure the board don't agree on everything (have you ever met Derek Chapman?), but it may be worth keeping an eye on it.

KPTF

Jan 6, 2004
Burgess Hill
The Large One said:
Sorry, I meant irrelevant as far as DK is concerned.

True, the game's all about opinions, yours, mine, Uncle TC's.

To cover off an earlier post, fans nearly always look to blame someone or something if things go wrong. How many times have you/me said 'that was X's fault for not tracking back, or Y's fault for not clearing properly'? Every time we concede a goal, there's a tendency to seek to blame someone (rather than admitting it was actually a brilliant effort which was no-one's fault).

It's the same with (impending) relegation (sorry Superphil, I wish I shared your optimism). We seek someone to blame, hence this poll/thread was started.

I still maintain that, had MM been more clued up tactically, (combined with the earlier arrival of GNW or similar - dont' know who to blame for that one as don't know all the facts)- we'd be in a better position. Not necessarily safe but in with a good chance of staying up. DK watches the same games as I do and must scratch his head occasionally at some of MM's decisions.

So I suppose, when seeking to blame someone, I'm pointing the finger in DK's direction because I want him to see the same things as I see and do something positive about them.

(Just out of interest TLO, have you ever been baffled by MM's substitutions (or lack of them) or playing players out of position when there are seemingly better qualified ones available?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here