• Thatcher

Votes: 82 59.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Simster said:
If Nazi Germany had risen now, I think the U.N. would have voted on sanctions long before the Nazi military machine got anywhere close to being big enough to be able to roll into neighbouring countries including a big country like France without as much as a fight. It's a silly comparison.
I hate to say it but you're absolutely right. Also, even the very earliest incarnation of the EU - the European Coal and Steel Community of the 1950s - would have prevented rearmament by the Nazis in the first place, the peace motive that's been underpinning post-war European integration all along and doesn't get nearly enough of a mention or credit, IMHO.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Oh come on.

This country is a little rock in the middle of nowhere.. we only have the wealth we have today because of our past military conquests.

Our country lives on fuel, whoever has control of fuel in 20 years time will have the bargining chips. We invaded to secure our long term future as far as fuel was concerned. We got rumbled and made a half arse promise about not nicking any (which we will).

Its toally and utterly morally wrong of course, but that why we did it. In my opinion anyway!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Simster said:
Although your own brand of labour-bashing sank to the same ridiculous depths as my language towards you, I do apologise. Surely you can see that you're talking crap though, no?
IYHO I'm talking crap, I'll never personaly verbaly assault anyone on here for there political views, I'll save that for the pseudo intellect's that frequent this board, what I will say is that I will never vote Labour and others would'nt vote Conservative that's fine

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Chicken Run said:
IYHO I'm talking crap, I'll never personaly verbaly assault anyone on here for there political views, I'll save that for the pseudo intellect's that frequent this board, what I will say is that I will never vote Labour and others would'nt vote Conservative that's fine
:lolol: Sorry, I can't get over the fact that here we have an estate agent accusing others of being pseudo-intellectual. :lolol: :lolol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Chicken Run said:
But your reasons for voting Conservative are purely based on NOT voting Labour. You haven't said why the Tories get your vote.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Thatcher called for an election after the Falklands victory in 82 .Now Saddam has been removed and the Taliban dispanded i'm waiting for Labour to do the same.Think i'll be waiting a very long time:jester:

Last edited:

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
The Poll on the Worst Prime Minister, Thatcher or Blair now states with a clear majority, THAT the social climbing wizzen old bat was easily the worst Prime Minister of the two.

MOTION CARRIED

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Silly thread really because history will eventually prove that Maggie Thatcher was one of, if not the best prime minister ever in this country she put the Great back into Great Britain.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thatcher stood for naked greed and happily destroyed whole communities by leaving them to the mercies of 'the market'. She had no compassion and as far as she was concerned you were either 'one of us' or 'the enemy within'. Evil bitch.

Blair and Brown between them have saved the railways, saved the NHS, introduced the minimum wage, invested in the country as a whole. Safly, Blair's legacy is the immoral and illegal invasion of Iraq as a poodle of a bunch of right-wing yahoos across the water. And it's to the Labour Party's eternal shame that they went along with the bullshit.

But between the two, Thatcher was the scum of the earth.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Tom Hark said:
Thatcher stood for naked greed and happily destroyed whole communities by leaving them to the mercies of 'the market'. She had no compassion and as far as she was concerned you were either 'one of us' or 'the enemy within'. Evil bitch.

Blair and Brown between them have saved the railways, saved the NHS, introduced the minimum wage, invested in the country as a whole. Safly, Blair's legacy is the immoral and illegal invasion of Iraq as a poodle of a bunch of right-wing yahoos across the water. And it's to the Labour Party's eternal shame that they went along with the bullshit.

But between the two, Thatcher was the scum of the earth.

:bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla:

If we'd left it all to the left-wingers we'd all be shagging virgin supermodels and living in big country mansions.

f*** I'm bored with this thread.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Zesh Rehman 34 said:
i cant believe there equal, thatcher was worse by far

Says someone with a date of birth - June 7 1990! Nothing like speaking from experience. And that is nothing like speaking from experience.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
There are a lot of nut cases on here.

Did Thatcher connive with the Americans to invade a sovereign state which resulted directly in innocent people being killed in bombings in London?

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
Thatcher was the creation of her snobish gin swilling husband, and his wealth.

One only has to look at Mark Thatcher to see the mirror image of his father, a narrow minded snob, who represented the worst of the so called "english qualities" of the priviledged classes.

Because of his wealth, this country is now a more selfish society, unfortunately.

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
HampshireSeagulls said:
Says someone with a date of birth - June 7 1990! Nothing like speaking from experience. And that is nothing like speaking from experience.

:lol:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You sure the NHS is better?Why are hospitals closing and years to get an op?
What about the open boarder policy?
Human rights act?
Prisons crammed?
Now where is local Bobby now?The police never come out when you phone them instead the government slashed the police force and brought in community support officers as a cheap option.
What about Blair sending our boys to fight pointless wars with out dated if not no equipment?
Did Blair not bring 7/7 to our streets?

Last edited:

BensGrandad said:
Silly thread really because history will eventually prove that Maggie Thatcher was one of, if not the best prime minister ever in this country she put the Great back into Great Britain.
She is the most despised leader this country has ever had. There are large parts of this country she could not appear in without the risk of mini riots.

Blair is a empty phoney but his present unpopularity will fade once he's gone from office, even his political enemies didn't really hate him that much.

But, for anyone who lived through the social havoc she unleashed on the British people with deliberate policies of mass unemployment and the huge divisions she created between the well-off and the poor, the sheer hatred for Thatcher remains undimmed to this day.

Last edited:

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
London Irish said:
She is the most despised leader this country has ever had. There are large parts of this country she could not appear in without the risk of mini riots.

Blair is a empty phoney but his present unpopularity will fade once he's gone from office, even his political enemies didn't really hate him that much.

But, for anyone who lived through the social havoc she unleashed on the British people with deliberate policies of mass unemployment and the huge divisions she created between the well-off and the poor, the sheer hatred for Thatcher remains undimmed to this day.

it's a red-letter day! i completely agree with a LI post!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here