Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the most famous person you have ever met?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Another week drawing to a close. In a week where I met one of the most famous politicians in my life:
Tony Benn.
I have also met Nick Clegg, and sporting wise, Lester Piggott.

How about the good people of NSC?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Geoff Hurst, Gordon Banks...

Rock Lobster

Dec 2, 2010
Hastings
The best I can do is either - Rhino from Gladiators, Rio from gladiators, Reggie Yates or Fearne Cotton...

Out of that lot who do you reckon is most famous?

Does meeting one of the smurfs when I was 6 count?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Depends how how define "met". If it's a quick chat over an authograph, then Bruce Springsteen (and most of the band), Pete Townshend, Roger Daltrey. Less famous people would be Albion players, etc.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Keira Knightley

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I once sat next to that bloke from Badger and Bodger at the pub in Kensington Gardens. I also once stood next to the chap who played the next door neighbour dad in the George and Mildred sitcom. And I got served a cup of tea in a now defunct cafe in North Road by a bloke who was one of the presenters from Number 73 (a Saturday morning kid's programme from the 80s).

A-listers. Each and every one of them

bnfrnkln

all the lads...
Nov 2, 2009
the ministry of flair
i've had a beer with steve davis (off of snooker) - he was a great bloke. and i've met most premier league players/managers after working at aston villa for a year while at uni a couple of years ago but for me the one that left me a bit star struck was meeting Zico. he was CSKA moscow manager at the time at Villa Park for an europa league tie.

I once got pissed with John Prescott. And Roger Daltrey. On separate occasions, obviously.

And I interviewed Paul McCartney (we were doing roadside traffic surveys on the A259 between Rye and Hastings). This was some time before I had to get in touch with him about his son being caught travelling on the school bus without his bus pass. Isn't the world of transport planning glamorous?

I'll leave Roz to tell the story of how we both emerged from the front door of Number 10 Downing Street while the TV cameras were filming a news story in the street outside. That was after munching sausage rolls with Cherie.

And Noel Edmonds. But I've already been advised on NSC to keep quiet about that.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I was in the 5th hove Scouts inmy younger days and as such we had the job of helping at Stamner Park for the horse trial thingys. Anyway, we would always be told 'its the horses day' and all that stuff. So, we were doing our thing of stewarding people around (great bloody fun I can tell thee) when none other than Prince Phillip turns up in his Land Rover and one of our chaps say to him: 'You can't go up there', he wanted to go up to the horses through a gate not ment for cars and he replyed: 'I'll go where I bloodywell like'. So our chap stands infront of the landrover and says 'NO, its the hourses day and your not allowed up there!'.

It was great fun to watch.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Met Queenie @BP but can't say I sat and had a chat.
Sat and had a few beers with Booby Gillespie :bowdown: in The Zap when Screamadelica first came out, couldn't understand a word :laugh:

Well I was in the same room as Clive Tyldsley, who was a guest speaker for peopl on our course a month or two back. Actually a decent guy depsite the way he sometimes comes off on TV, his opinion on the Ron Atkinson saga was very intriguing to say the least!

I guess Simon McMenemy, manager of the Philippines national team counts....at least to me it does!!

And when I went to Parliament with a few other Scouts for a young peoples talk a few years back Tim Loughton, one of Worthing's MPs.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I've met and spoken to Andy Murray at Falmer aswell as Daniella Hantuchova.

In Bolton I was on the next table to El-Hadji Djouf and also Anelka walked out of the hotel as I walked in.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I met Mick McCarthy in a restaurant in Westerham recently. I said hands off Elliott Bennett; you're not having him back! He was a real gentleman and said we had a true gem there. I drove Dave Gilmour's children a few times from his ex's house at Ashurstwood to his house at Wisborough Green a few times when I was a cab driver. One of his daughters was a real stunner, but right stingy if you drove her on shopping trips. I met Raymond Baxter at Farnborough Air Show, and chatted to Geoff Boycott in the car park at Hove during a rain interruption - he lived up to his reputation of not sitting with his team mates in the dressing room!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here