Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the most famous person alive?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I'm surprised people think the Pope. Granted, many, many would know there IS a pope, but how many muslims would know who the man is - or come to that how many catholics would. I know I certainly wouldn't recognise him if he wasn't in his god-robes and I certainly don't know his actual name (or his papal name come to that, but then I am an atheist).

The queen must be up there with Mandela. It always surpisies me when the TV take cameras to little african villages or somewhere, there are always kids runnig around wearing old footie shirts, usually United ones, so I wouldn't be surprised if Becks isn't up there too.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Is the question who is known in the most countries or who is known to the most people?

If it's known to the most people then the winning answer would clearly have to be known by China and India - something I doubt David Beckham particularly is.

News travels fast in china,even faster when you visit a childrens hospital to sign a couple of million autographs as an ambassador for unicef

large_beck1a.jpg

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
So you don't know who the most famous person in the world is. Just his title. :glare: Yeah.

That's the point - the Chinese outnumber me by a LOT.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Whoever the top guy in China is.

Beat me to it. Hu Jintao I believe but could be wrong.

Is the question who is known in the most countries or who is known to the most people?

If it's known to the most people then the winning answer would clearly have to be known by China and India - something I doubt David Beckham particularly is.

Surely with all the marketing that Manure get up to with their 9,000,000 mile round trip pre season friendlies he is probably very well known in China.

Curiously ... googling up "most famous person in the world" delivers this link:-

Who is the most famous person in World that is still alive today?

And the "top" answer?

M.J. There is not one person who was alive during the 90's that doesn't know who Jordan is! Even today kids know him!!

There you go. I hadn't realised she was a him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here