Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the most famous person alive?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Tough one.

But I would go with Obama or Beckham simply because you can guarantee that just about everyone in the whole wide world knows who they are.

Don't know about Beckham
I bet there are lots of people in India who wouldn't know him - or in rural China come to think of it.

I remember when he signed for LA Galaxy and there were lots of vox pops where various Americans said "Who?" I wonder if that's still the case.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I would go for Mandela or Obama, I don't think there would be many people in the World who wouldn't recognise either of them if shown a photograph...I reckon far more wouldn't recognise Beckham or the Pope.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Ronald McDonald

Edit: I was kind of joking - but having just looked at wikipedia they are claiming he is in fact No2, after Father Christmas.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It's George Bush people!

Nobody elase comes close to the exposure he has had in worldwide media in the last 8-10 years.

The west all know his face, the chinese know it, the arabs know it, not many people wouldnt.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
david attenborough.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It is the Queen followed by The Pope.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Beckam wouldnt be far off the mark if it were people around the world that had actualy seen a photo of him or on the googlebox

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Whoever the top guy in China is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here