Who is the best ever brighton player?

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
How about Gerry Ryan??:lolol: :lolol:

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Mark Lawrensen was our only ever world class player :tosser:

Peter Ward - Legend. I remember him scoring 3 or 4 for the England 'B' team IN ONE GAME! :eek:

The Bobster has probably been the best in the last 20 years.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Greatest I ever saw:

Mark Lawrenson
Peter Ward
Brian Horton

Greatest ever I didn't see:
Charles Webb
Tommy Cook
Hugh Vallance
Bobby Smith

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Clive Walker was my favorite, then Nogan, but Bobby Zamora has to get it for me.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Bobby Zamora

(But I would suspect I would have gone for Lawrencson(sp?) ) had I of been around then.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Agreed that Lawro was world class but i have to say that Wardy would have been nothing without without the enigmatic foil of IAN MELLOR. (GRHS) Look what happened when he went to Forest!!! ???

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Too young for Ward era but best players I've seen were Gotsmanov / Zamora.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Peter Ward of course.

But with a special mention for Kit Napier, as he was my hero when I started going to games in the late 60s - you always have fond memories of your first love.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
El Presidente said:
Agree reluctantly about Lawrenson, he proved himself not only at the Albion, but also in winning a hatful of trophies with Liverpool at the highest level that he was a thoroughbred.

He had pace, vision, flexibility and oozed class. When we sold him it was a choice between Liverpool and Man U at the time, and I don't think that any other Albion player has ever been courted by the two biggest (at the time) clubs in the country before or since (Dickie Tiltman excepted of course).

Agree with Mark Lawrenson. The story going round at the time was that Mike Bamber arranged to meet Man Utd at Sandbach (I think) Services on M6 and Liverpool came in with a better offer so MB decided to meet them at Hilton Park and Mark signed for them and they never ever met Man Utd. This has been confirmed to me by Mark but he himself wanted to go to Man Utd.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Hmmm.. let me see... who was it got a hat-trick in the Under-21s in my first ever live game..... who could make the Goldstone stand as one.... who was the first person to break my heart when he followed Clough and ended his career...

PETER WARD!!!!!! the rest is just dross!!

saying that Lawro was fantastic and the Tank was just... the Tank... pure and simple.

Exmouth Seagull

Sep 11, 2003
I saw Zamora and Ward. Both legends. Zamora is probobly the best to everybody say under 35 years old.

But I think a poll of supporters who lived through both eras would agree with me....Ward was the best.

Despite his all too brief spell with the club, am I the only one that thinks Sergei Gotsmanov is worth a mention?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here