Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the best ever brighton player?

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Mark Lawrenson .However a young Welsh lad called Barry Rees may well have turned out to be better than Lawro.Tragically he was killed in a car crash before he could fulfil his potential.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Lawro. Wardy and Fozzie in that order. No contest.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Peter Ward...............for me......out on his own............no-one (Bobby included) has got people out of their seats like Ward used to...............ALL TIME TOTAL Brighton legend.:drink:

Current favourite..............(Sir) Danny Cullip:clap:

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Fred Binney :clap: :clap: :clap:
Or Peter Ward,Mark Lawrenson,Bobby Zamora,Danny Cullip.Peter O'Sullivan,Tony Towner, or Teddy Maybank,Malcolm Poskett.
The list is endless.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Lawrenson was a class apart and proved it by going on to even bigger things at Liverpool. Class at centre back, class in midfield.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I saw Zeke Rowe at some of my very first games and I always thought he couldve been a great player. However, I have to go with Zamora cos it had been so long since the club had someone like him and he was sometimes magic. Wardy might've been better but I was never there to judge that. Cullip is definitely up there as well:clap2:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Lawrenson's the best I've ever seen, by some way. He was an awesome player.

Tommy Cook, Johnny McNicholl and Jimmy Langley must be up there as well - bit before my time though.

Seagull_AA

Nov 1, 2004
Battle, Sussex
I would say Zamoro! But Cullip and Carpenter have played quite good as well now!!!:wave:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Agree reluctantly about Lawrenson, he proved himself not only at the Albion, but also in winning a hatful of trophies with Liverpool at the highest level that he was a thoroughbred.

He had pace, vision, flexibility and oozed class. When we sold him it was a choice between Liverpool and Man U at the time, and I don't think that any other Albion player has ever been courted by the two biggest (at the time) clubs in the country before or since (Dickie Tiltman excepted of course).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here