Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who has the WORST club badge in the Football League?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Those new badges are nearly all an improvement on their older equiavalents, with the probable exception of Fulham.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
don't let Dick near the badge - did you see the ITS logo?

let's just have a big f*** off seagull and nothing else. flair.

job done, that's our badge, that's what people know us as, that's our symbol.

no designer or brand guru is bigger than the 'seagull' symbol.

I loved it when we just had a seagull, I would love to see it make a return too.

i still havent stopped laughing at Al's attempts.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Not bad for a quick attempt IMHO, which is better than the current effort that adorns the clubs shirts at the moment.

not football league but close enough

forest_green.jpg

awful, just awful

What club is it?

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
To be honest, what this thread is suggesting to me is that there are hardly any GOOD club badges around
(ps. Franchise FC is the worst..)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Club badges are, these days, a reflection of a club's independence from its civic obligations.

Once upon a time, most club's badges had some reference to the town or region they were located in, or indeed, the town's crest itself. Brighton & Hove Albion (using two motifs in one badge) is a classic example. QPR, for instance, used to have the crest of Hammersmith as its badge.

Some clubs do still carry some kind of reference to their civic roots (Liverpool, Manchester City immediately spring to mind), but some... eugh!

That's why when I was mucking about with those two designs earlier, I considered incoporating a line drawing of the Pavilion, or the crest of the Martlets somewhere. But I was at work at the time, and couldn't really fit it in. So I stuck with the seagull.

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
Club badges are, these days, a reflection of a club's independence from its civic obligations.

Once upon a time, most club's badges had some reference to the town or region they were located in, or indeed, the town's crest itself. Brighton & Hove Albion (using two motifs in one badge) is a classic example. QPR, for instance, used to have the crest of Hammersmith as its badge.

Some clubs do still carry some kind of reference to their civic roots (Liverpool, Manchester City immediately spring to mind), but some... eugh!

That's why when I was mucking about with those two designs earlier, I considered incoporating a line drawing of the Pavilion, or the crest of the Martlets somewhere. But I was at work at the time, and couldn't really fit it in. So I stuck with the seagull.

You were at work when you sorted those Albion alternatives?? Fair play, thought they were alright! The underneath-shot of the seagull was bothering me a bit- kinda looked like he was about to take a shite, but then i figured maybe that was the idea?!

Re. civic roots; I have to admit i much prefer the old-school club badges, which reflect the area/town/city.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here