Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who has the WORST club badge in the Football League?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
What about this beauty c/o God's Own Slagheap..

barnsley.jpg

:eek:

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
Fulham.

A graphic designer's sick nightmare.

y'know what TLO - i actually really like fulham's badge, and i kind of do graphic design, i know it's unpopular but it reminds me of the east german oberliga badges, which i'm kind of obsessed with. i like minimalism.

unless it's superimposing gully's head onto a casual for the fanzine, in which case i'm into maximalism.

i don't like club badges that have changed. my current 'crimes against both graphic design and football heritage' is just up the fulham palace road from home of Das FFC and manifests itself as this monstrosity.

QPR_Logo.png

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
They have. The old one:

Swindon_Town_FC_Badge.png

looked like something a local council would have for its sanitary services department or similar...

It does! Spot on. I guess it was a 70s thing, always thought what the hell is that? Have to say I quite like the new (old) Chelsea one. Oh dear, gonna get slated for going off topic. oh, I hate man united's too, there's something really offensive about it.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Hereford_United_badge.jpg

it must be said, Hereford's is pretty shite:lol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
y'know what TLO - i actually really like fulham's badge, and i kind of do graphic design, i know it's unpopular but it reminds me of the east german oberliga badges, which i'm kind of obsessed with. i like minimalism.[/IMG]

There's minimalism, and there's 'I've got an Apple Mac, and I'm gonna use it...' If it was 'minimalism', it should just be a plain and simple 'FULHAM FC'. Neat, concise, and to the point. Not that Letraset mess.

You probably have worked out by now how much I despise the lack of thought that has gone into the Fulham badge.

On the other hand, I have a certain amount of sympathy for the QPR badge, with the exception of the horrendous flowery swirls.

One day, for the sake of my own boredom, I will re-design the Albion badge, and ask for opinions, but I would expect a blasting. I think our badge, simple and to the poinit though it may be, lacks dynamism and vitality, and looks a bit dated now. Needs updating.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
They've got a new badge though, I think. No bloody wonder.:laugh:

You're right hon, but do you see an alarming similarity or wot?? (Looks a bit Country & Western-gone-horribly-wrong to me).

badge-barnsley-fc.png

Last edited:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Oh no, sorry my mistake. That is their new one. This is there old one, this is lush..

Barnsley-FC-256x256.png

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
There's minimalism, and there's 'I've got an Apple Mac, and I'm gonna use it...' If it was 'minimalism', it should just be a plain and simple 'FULHAM FC'. Neat, concise, and to the point. Not that Letraset mess.

You probably have worked out by now how much I despise the lack of thought that has gone into the Fulham badge.

On the other hand, I have a certain amount of sympathy for the QPR badge, with the exception of the horrendous flowery swirls.

One day, for the sake of my own boredom, I will re-design the Albion badge, and ask for opinions, but I would expect a blasting. I think our badge, simple and to the poinit though it may be, lacks dynamism and vitality, and looks a bit dated now. Needs updating.

ok, we will agree to disagree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here