Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
TonyW said:
Beaney, by a mile for me.

I'll never understand why those Yorkshire twats stabbed us in the back in buying him for a steal (about £400,000 if my ailing memory serves me) and then hardly ever played him - wankers.

I know we were desperate at the time, but he was genuine quality.

It was £650,000 and the bid was accepted the day we were due to go court on a winding up order.

Howard Wilkinson SAVED us.

Now Charlton offering £50,000 for John Robinson having received £5million for Rob Lee. NOW thats stabbing us in the back.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
It was £650,000 and the bid was accepted the day we were due to go court on a winding up order.

Now Charlton offering £50,000 for John Robinson having received £5million for Rob Lee. NOW thats stabbing us in the back.

Agreed. £50,000 was scandalous.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lokki 7 said:
Agreed. £50,000 was scandalous.

Wasn't his fee decided by a tribunal based on what we were offering him, which would have been peanuts???

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:

I always thought it was £250k.

Robinson was a prime example of a sell on clause going bad...

370 appearances later... :thud:

Ps I think the Robinson fee was £75k - not that it makes much difference. :(

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun said:

Ps I think the Robinson fee was £75k - not that it makes much difference. :(

Yep, it was 70 or 80 from memory, for what it's worth ie not very much.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I know we owed something like half a million to the Inland Revenue, and we only had a few hours to find the cash.

If the story is true, Wikinson allegedly phoned the club to find out exactly how much we owed, and offered that for Mark.

It may well have pulled us out of the shite, but Beaney was worth at least double the amount that arse hole offered.

At the time, I think it would have been a fair assessment to say that he was of the top 3 keepers in the country.

What a waste of a VERY promising career, languishing in the stiffs at (we hate) Leeds.

Beaney-Fostera.jpg

Mark Beaney - should have been a legend :bowdown:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
TonyW said:
I know we owed something like half a million to the Inland Revenue, and we only had a few hours to find the cash.

If the story is true, Wikinson allegedly phoned the club to find out exactly how much we owed, and offered that for Mark.

It may well have pulled us out of the shite, but Beaney was worth at least double the amount that arse hole offered.

At the time, I think it would have been a fair assessment to say that he was of the top 3 keepers in the country.

What a waste of a VERY promising career, languishing in the stiffs at (we hate) Leeds.

Mark Beaney - should have been a legend :bowdown:

Stanley was in charge then wasn't he? In fact I think he was a bit of a hero at the time for over seeing our "rescue" :angry:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Always remember liking Rust. With hindsight he was a bit rubbish, I was young and needed the money.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Icy Gull said:
Stanley was in charge then wasn't he? In fact I think he was a bit of a hero at the time for over seeing our "rescue" :angry:

Greg Stanley - good bloke

Funny but at the time we thought Leeds were potty paying that sort of money for a keeper in a mid table second division team............

But paid off the Inland Revenue who had a winding up order against us, whuich would have meant end of club

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Sir John Keeley, superb keeper

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Storer68 said:
Funny but at the time we thought Leeds were potty paying that sort of money for a keeper in a mid table second division team............

But paid off the Inland Revenue who had a winding up order against us, whuich would have meant end of club

Could have been seen as a "risk" for Leeds. But Beaney was one hell of a keeper, so I still say he was a bargain.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here