• Flitney

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Packham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other please state

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Stumpy Tim

It's a tight one between Keeley (who I only saw 3 or 4 times), Beeney & Kuipers. Beeney was a NUTTER though, who took on Millwall fans at the Old Den - and by selling him we rescued the club... so I vote for him

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Stumpy Tim said:
It's a tight one between Keeley (who I only saw 3 or 4 times), Beeney & Kuipers. Beeney was a NUTTER though, who took on Millwall fans at the Old Den - and by selling him we rescued the club... so I vote for him

All the best keepers are nutters :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Beeney without a doubt for me. As soon as the "Give us a biggers, Diggers" days ended, "Big one Beeney!" started.
He had the body of a shot-stopper and was a large figure in our defensive melee.
The mistake Leeds made was to make him lose about 3 stone in weight. All of a sudden he was athletic and his co-ordination left.
I did bloody love him though.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Marshy said:
the results of this pole astound me...kuipers and roberts my arse
Have to say, can't argue with that.
I like Kuipers, he's strong and he gives 100%, but he isn't in the same league as someone like Mark Beaney.

And Roberts wasn't either, to be honest.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Michel and Hendo - best two keepers we've had in a long time methinks , shame due to abit of inhouse arguments and heckling we'll have neither next season (one gone and all that..) :(

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I remember Beeney, he was good but I think the myth of how good has grown with the saving of the club. No way better than a fit Roberts imo.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Lord Bracknell said:
I guess this poll simply reminds everyone that most of NSC can't remember Beeney.

I wonder how many can remember the Rust -v- Ormerod debate.

I remember it very well indeed, though in my mind there was really no argument. Rust was gash.

I was a bit biased though, given that Ormerod lived in my house at the time!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Well everyone knows that I thýnk Nýcky Rust would have been an England international........ :clap2: :clap2:

but......

I'll vote for Beeney because he was proven class and loved this club. A real shame what happened to him at Leeds.

Hey Kuipers fans get real!!!!.... Beeney was a premýership keeper. How on earth can you compare him with Kuipers? It's an insult.

Get a life othe rthan Kuipers owrship, for god's sake!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
think this poll goes to show that football fans generally have short memories and have trouble comparing players from different generations of teams

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rookie said:
think this poll goes to show that football fans generally have short memories and have trouble comparing players from different generations of teams

Not really, we couldn't even get a decision as to whether Henderson was better than Kuipers when they were bothg here and playing :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here