• No dont really fancy the colour

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • A what ???

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
:flameboun I want oneeee! Where can ya get them in Brighton?

Last edited:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Gritt23 said:

how exactly does it help?

If I'm getting bullied at school, what f***ing good is it to me that you lot are wearing wristbands?

As an individual probably not much but if you apply that logic broadly then no-one would bother trying to raise awareness of any issues, let alone the revenue they provide for the charities involved.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Hungry Joe said:
As an individual probably not much but if you apply that logic broadly then no-one would bother trying to raise awareness of any issues, let alone the revenue they provide for the charities involved.

Raising money for charities is completely different, of course that's important.

But raising awareness of bullying? I think it is ALWAYS a very high profile issue, something all right minded people would love to see erradicated ... I just don't understand how wearing a wristband helps.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Gritt23 said:
Raising money for charities is completely different, of course that's important.

But raising awareness of bullying? I think it is ALWAYS a very high profile issue, something all right minded people would love to see erradicated ... I just don't understand how wearing a wristband helps.

Ok, but to turn the argument around it can't hurt the issue either. One way it could help would be if someone who is bullying someone else at school then sees one of their idols or role models, maybe a pop star or fottballer, wearing one and that makes them rethink their own actions. Sounds a bit naieve maybe but I'm sure that does happen with kids from time to time. If it makes one person stop bullying then it's got to be agood thing I think.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Hungry Joe said:
Ok, but to turn the argument around it can't hurt the issue either. One way it could help would be if someone who is bullying someone else at school then sees one of their idols or role models, maybe a pop star or fottballer, wearing one and that makes them rethink their own actions. Sounds a bit naieve maybe but I'm sure that does happen with kids from time to time. If it makes one person stop bullying then it's got to be agood thing I think.

That's where I would have liked it to have gone a bit furher, whereby wearing a wristband was a statement that you would intervene if called upon by someone being bullied. If someone being bullied saw a number of people wearing these and knew they could call out and get help from any of those people if their bullied started on them, then maybe, just maybe it could help.

Yes, I know most of it happens outside of the sight of most people, but if other, bigger kids around school wore them with this as the statement then YES it would help. But that just didn't seem to be the message and I thought that was a shame, a real opportunty missed.

wrexhamgnasher

Oct 12, 2004
Oswestry
It has been mentioned that we were going to get some fans united red ones but it seems that Liverpool have gone and taken red for Hillsborough, pink, blue, yellow and white taken. That leaves Green anyone?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My friend Susan was over here from California in December. She´s got Stage 4 cancer, which is about as bad as it gets. I asked her to bring over as many LiveStrong bands as she could. Was planning on raising a bit of dosh for cancer charities on NSC as a result. Assumed you could pick 'em up over there as easy as we can pick up, say, Poppies coming up for Remembrance day. Wrong.

Turns out you have to order LiveStrong bands via some scamming f***ing middleman who'll charge you five doller for something that's supposed to cost a dollar for cancer charities. Unbelievable.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
My 1O cancer one's have just arrived from the USA and they're blue not yellow which was a bit of a surprise. These are from the www.lifebracelets.com site and I notice now that they use blue for cancer, must just be the LAF that use yellow. Confusing eh? I only ordered them on the 19th so that's pretty quick. I've promised one to Dawsey (that's if he wants a blue one rather than yellow) and will keep one for myself but if anyone else wants one pm me your address and I'll post it off, first come first served. I'm not selling them, they'll be a gift.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
wrexhamgnasher said:
It has been mentioned that we were going to get some fans united red ones but it seems that Liverpool have gone and taken red for Hillsborough, pink, blue, yellow and white taken. That leaves Green anyone?
greens racism , is it not ?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
wrexhamgnasher said:

Green is Muscular Dystrophy. But brown and purple are still up for grabs I think - purple would be quite cool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here