Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you want to win Wimbledon (mens)

Who do you want to win Wimbledon?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Personally want to see a Murray vs Federer final with a convincing win for Federer :thumbsup:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Murray... I don't understand this 'we must hate the Scottish' mentality.

Nationality doesn't enter into it. The winner of any tennis tournament should always be the player who pulls out an exceptional performance during the course of the event.

It's too early to say who I want to win.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Murray definitely - would give British tennis a much-needed boost (hopefully!)

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Murray definitely - would give British tennis a much-needed boost (hopefully!)

This is true... the sports minister must be off his head to suggest that the best thing to develop more British tennis talent is to put LESS money into it - meaning that the players would have to fight harder for funds.

What would actually happed is the funds would just be spread thinner. In my opinion, like.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Nationality doesn't enter into it. The winner of any tennis tournament should always be the player who pulls out an exceptional performance during the course of the event.

It's too early to say who I want to win.

Isn't that a bit like saying "I don't know who I want to win the World Cup, it depends who plays the best in the tournament, Nationality doesn't come into it".

Or "I don't know who I want to win the FA Cup, it depends who puts in the best performances in it". Meaning you would probably want Man Utd or Chelsea to win it over the Albion.

LB, I put it to you that you are a GLORY HUNTER.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
After his incredible come back yesterday 9which i was at!) i seriously hope lleyton hewitt wins it, but he has no chance, federrer this year murray next

Isn't that a bit like saying "I don't know who I want to win the World Cup, it depends who plays the best in the tournament, Nationality doesn't come into it".

Or "I don't know who I want to win the FA Cup, it depends who puts in the best performances in it". Meaning you would probably want Man Utd or Chelsea to win it over the Albion.

LB, I put it to you that you are a GLORY HUNTER.
Nationality is an ESSENTIAL element of World Cup football or the Euros, as long as my team are still in the competition. When they've been dumped out, I have no problems wanting Greece (or whoever) to win - if they deserve to.

Likewise the FA Cup - if I can be bothered to follow the tournament once the Albion are out.

Tennis players are the same - except that none of them represent a nation. They play for themselves. I want the best to win.

Were the folk at Glastonbury disappointed that Springsteen outshone the brave British veteran, Tom Jones? Of course not.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Nationality is an ESSENTIAL element of World Cup football or the Euros, as long as my team are still in the competition. When they've been dumped out, I have no problems wanting Greece (or whoever) to win - if they deserve to.

Likewise the FA Cup - if I can be bothered to follow the tournament once the Albion are out.

Tennis players are the same - except that none of them represent a nation. They play for themselves. I want the best to win.

Were the folk at Glastonbury disappointed that Springsteen outshone the brave British veteran, Tom Jones? Of course not.

If, once the Albion had been knocked out, Crystal Palace put in a string of superb performances in the FA Cup, or even in the league, would you want them to win the competition?

Tennis players do play for themselves, but nationality should come into it. If we had a really great English player who got to the final but was maybe just a bit below the best in the world, would you prefer the best in the world to win the tournament?

And music is not sport, sport is competitive. It was not Springsteen vs Jones, it was Springsteen AND Jones.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Because I have been supporting him for years, the guy is absolute class, why should I change now because a Scot has a chance. I thought we were all European these days anyway and I don't feel obliged to support an Irishman, Welshman or Scot just because there is no Englishman playing.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Did want James Blake, but as usual he didnt last long. Now though I would like Hewitt or Roddick to win!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here