Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who Do You Want As Next England Manager?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
personally i think he should be english and preferably Harry Redknapp

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Fabio Capello.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Presuming no lasting effects from his recent op, Harry Redknapp with a younger manager involved in the setup.

Wenger running St Georges if he calls it a day at he end of he season would be a coup by he FA.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Any Englishman preferably not Sam alladyce!
In fact foreigners might be ok, so long as they have spent time here and can speak the same language as the players.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Harry

Oct 25, 2003
no-one english as none of them are good enough

so preferably someone foreign who's worked in england....don't care who, however if real win la liga this year (very possible) then mourinho has 100% completed club football, the only thing left for him to achieve is to do something in international football.........get him in

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
If Stuart Pearce is a clear contender we are boned. Has anyone watched the U21's recently?
Beat me to it. In the summer the under 21's were shocking, embarrassing, awful, just risible. It must not be Pearce.
Once again the FA have shot themselves in the foot by insisting it has to be an Englishman. Why? You get the best person you can for the job. But if it is to be an Englishmen on footballing criteria Redknapp is head and shoulders above anyone else but there are other factors to consider.

Oct 25, 2003
i really think we should steer away from appointing someone who only has the fact that they're english as their only real attribute

if we appointed someone foreign who, in 20 odd years of management has only achieved a cup win and a 4th place finish everyone would go apeshit

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
i really think we should steer away from appointing someone who only has the fact that they're english as their only real attribute

if we appointed someone foreign who, in 20 odd years of management has only achieved a cup win and a 4th place finish everyone would go apeshit

We've always gone for the best out there and it hasn't worked. Why try this again and again ?

We absolutely should move away from this philosophy and get a manager who we know players will put their hearts on the line for.

Harry Redknapp fits the bill like no one else.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Having watched most of the Spurs game last night (against Villa) God help me I wouldn't be that upset to see Redknapp get the job. Someone's got to to do it so it might as well be him. NOT Stuart Pearce in a million years, why does his name keep coming up?

Would have no objection to another foreign-born manager, but I would like them to be able to speak English fluently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here