Votes: 9 5.4%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Really.......

I never knew that, perhaps you could enlighten us as to the reason why ?

As the resident boards apologist, perhaps you could tell us where the power resides these days.

He isnt techinically a director, but his uncle Ray is and effectively controls Tony's interests. Ray sits alongside Dick at most matches, probably to make sure each others hearts are still going.

Really.......

I never knew that :shootself, perhaps you could enlighten us as to the reason why ?

As the resident boards apologist, perhaps you could tell us where the power resides these days.

I'll leave that to you as you seem to know anyway.

Ultimate control of the club resides with the shareholders, just as it always has and does in any other Ltd company.

Apologist - I don't think so.

He isnt techinically a director, but his uncle Ray is and effectively controls Tony's interests. Ray sits alongside Dick at most matches, probably to make sure each others hearts are still going.

yeah.... I KNOW

You both really believe that Tony Bloom isn't capable of monitoring/controlling his own business interests in the Albion and needs his uncle to do it for him? Who looks after Norman Cook's, Bill Brown's, Kevin Griffiths' etc then?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You both really believe that Tony Bloom isn't capable of monitoring/controlling his own business interests in the Albion and needs his uncle to do it for him? Who looks after Norman Cook's, Bill Brown's, Kevin Griffiths' etc then?
Are any of those businesses as far as from them as Sydney is from Brighton?

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
Alll those points are worthy of consideration for the reason for our poor season but I feel that the ultimate failure was the boards timing and indesicion over MA. They forced the issue after the Luton game having allowed him to spend money on players that another manager may not have signed. They should have either stuck with their principals and ideas and let him see the season out with the players he had signed or more essentially forced the issue before the January window, when the writing was on the wall and thus given another man the opportunity to save us from relegation.

Totally agree, it makes you wonder what input Adams had on the new players that came in during the January Transfer Window, was it all down to who the board wanted and Adams had to go along with it. We've seen other clubs notably Newcastle United make a right balls up in that department and look at their league position.:shootself

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
What relevance is the distance from Brighton to Sydney to the need for the interests of any Albion shareholder to be controlled by a third party?
Tony Bloom has a residence in NW2 btw.
I probably didn't read carefully enough, not control his interests necessarily, but certainly someone with a stake in Brighton, but spends most of his time in Australia, it makes sense to have someone keep a weather eye on things, and possibly act on his behalf. A fellow shareholder, someone who sits on the board, who also happens to be his uncle.

I probably didn't read carefully enough, not control his interests necessarily, but certainly someone with a stake in Brighton, but spends most of his time in Australia, it makes sense to have someone keep a weather eye on things, and possibly act on his behalf. A fellow shareholder, someone who sits on the board, who also happens to be his uncle.

This is conjecture though isn't it - I don't see that being in Australia means you're more or less likely to have/need a third party to look after your shareholding than if you live in Hassocks, Brighton or NW2.

Tony and Ray Bloom hold less than 20% of the club shares between them so if you want to believe in some sort of Bloom shareholder conspiracy operating at the Board level then how does this work as they could be voted down by the rest of the Board who own nearly 30% between them?

never wrong dave

Jul 20, 2008
Blame Dk,and his vile free loading sussex rich kids and there familys,that had this planned a long time ago.The club is more than 8 million in debt now,and that will only get worse next season.These vile rich kids parents have so much money they even have the power to stop fans posting on the Argus post page.Pure vile free loading rich kids with no talent.That only play league football because who there parents know.Like Gary Elphick only played one league game at Reading to keep his family happy.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
Blame Dk,and his vile free loading sussex rich kids and there familys,that had this planned a long time ago.The club is more than 8 million in debt now,and that will only get worse next season.These vile rich kids parents have so much money they even have the power to stop fans posting on the Argus post page.Pure vile free loading rich kids with no talent.That only play league football because who there parents know.Like Gary Elphick only played one league game at Reading to keep his family happy.

:thumbsup: someone else who knows the TRUTH. it is a fact that the managger has to show DK the team sheet each week, and i am sure TIGHT has a big jar of TIPPEX and changes some of the names whilst distracting the manager, even someone as sharp as DEAN

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Where's the option for Mark McGhee ?.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is conjecture though isn't it - I don't see that being in Australia means you're more or less likely to have/need a third party to look after your shareholding than if you live in Hassocks, Brighton or NW2.

Tony and Ray Bloom hold less than 20% of the club shares between them so if you want to believe in some sort of Bloom shareholder conspiracy operating at the Board level then how does this work as they could be voted down by the rest of the Board who own nearly 30% between them?

Simple, you do some politiking and get other board members on your side.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
yes but they are meant to be coached to a standard to go out and win

In an ideal world, but we have no real quality.

Murray is at best an average League One striker.
Forster huffs and puffs tries his best but his best days are behind him.

They are not helped by a piss poor midfield largely incapable of providing any sort of decent service.

Defence has been League Two/Conference standard all season.

Obviously our finances have restricted us in able to go out and bring in decent players (McNulty an exception). I just hope whoever is our first manager at Falmer has a decent budget to at least try and build a team with talent in most if not all departments.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
er, why not?
It would surely be a lot easier to follow the happenings at a small time Sussex football club from Sussex, rather than the other side of the world?

Well, that requires the assumption that the rest of the board would be voting against them. There is also the fact that Tony Bloom has loans which could be converted into shares if he so wished. I don't know the inner machinations of the Albion board room any more than you do but I think it is safe to say Tony Bloom has plenty of influence at the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here