• none of the above

Votes: 9 5.4%

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Combination of Adams and the players really. To blame 'Adams 100%' is ridiculous, when you think how many of the players haven't reached anywhere near last seasons form.

Good point. The players' level of performance is nothing to do with the MANAGER, is it?...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Dick Knight/the board for their rubbish decision to bring back Adams.
Adams for being rubbish.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Good point. The players' level of performance is nothing to do with the MANAGER, is it?...

It works both ways though. You can't honestly say that a footballers level of performance depends on nothing but the manager.

I don't think you can blame Adams for:

Kuipers being average, as opposed to outstanding last season
Elphick looking fairly ordinary as opposed to player of the season
Richards turning from a fairly useful full back into a piss-poor one.
Cox being generally shite.

You CAN however blame him for the Lynch saga, the useless signings, the wasteful use of Virgo and Livermore, the constant playing players out of position and the negative, ineffective tactics.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It works both ways though. You can't honestly say that a footballers level of performance depends on nothing but the manager.

I don't think you can blame Adams for:

Kuipers being average, as opposed to outstanding last season
Elphick looking fairly ordinary as opposed to player of the season
Richards turning from a fairly useful full back into a piss-poor one.
Cox being generally shite.

You CAN however blame him for the Lynch saga, the useless signings, the wasteful use of Virgo and Livermore, the constant playing players out of position and the negative, ineffective tactics.

Okay, I'm being LITTLE flippant.

Of course the players have responsibilty for their performances. Being played out of position, when you're half fit, with people whose name you don't know playing alongside you, is not exactly conducive to great performances, though...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Okay, I'm being LITTLE flippant.

Of course the players have responsibilty for their performances. Being played out of position, when you're half fit, with people whose name you don't know playing alongside you, is not exactly conducive to great performances, though...

Quite.

ack

Apr 20, 2006
Knight for sacking Wilkins (who could of been an up and coming manager).
Adams was a spent force. I have mates living up here who Are Cov and Leics fans, and all hate the bloke for his 2nd rate tactics and weired team selections.
I didnt want him back as I did post at the time, so 2 votes I need, Knight and Adams.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Adams is personally responsible for the team's poor performance and our current predicament. Most of the blame goes to him.

Knight's biggest mistake was not so much appointing Adams, but being far too slow to sack him. If he was given the sack in October, things would not have escalated to the total debacle we are in now.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
DK and the puppet masters have to take overall responsibility.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I blame God because we're all his children (allegedly).

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Adams has to take most of the blame,for many of the reasons that have already been posted.
I was rather surprised to see him appointed in the first place as it is always a huge gamble to return a manager to a former club and rarely works out.His track record since leaving us first time round was patchy and that is being charitable.....so for that,the board have to take some responsibility.
It may sound a little bit strange ,but doubts first entered my head about this season when I saw Adams and his management team at a pre season friendly,before kick off.They were sitting in the clubhouse bar and I remember feeling that he gave the distinct impression of complete and utter disinterest....what the hell am I doing here sort of thing.
I mentioned this to my wife a bit later and said,he just doesn,t look up for it......the rest is history!!
Later on in the season,his peculiar tactics and player positioning were one thing,but his performances in the post match interviews he chose to give,confirmed to me that he was a spent force.
We face a hell of a fight to stay up now and I believe he should have been sacked at least two months earlier.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It's never one single person to blame.

Dick Knight. It was a big call to sack Wilkins and bring Adams back, and it is only fair he be judged on how it panned out. The jury's in, and it was a disaster.

That pretty much sums it up for me.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
none of the above.

if that lot of nimbys over in Lewes had not objected to Falmer we would be there now and things would look distinctly different

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I blame Gordon Smith. If he had scored things would have turned out so different.

Of course Knight should shoulder the blame for this relegation. He brought Adams back and thats irrespective of the Wilkins sacking.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here