Votes: 9 5.4%

• Total voters

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
A combination of the above

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
It never fails to amaze me how men who have been so successful in business and have sheds load more money than me, can be so crap at running a football team, making awful decisions around managers, coaches etc. Surely if they ran their businesses how they run their teams, they would have gone bust years ago. Worst case example must be Ridsdale, but I have to say since our board decided to sack Wilkins, decisions made by our board have truly been beyond belief.

I truly believe most fans would have a much better idea about what type of manager the club needs. I don't blame Slade, for a manager to take a team on this late in the season and try and make a success of it is almost impossible. We have all these 'strangers' as in players brought in, trying to gel with long established lads who have been at the club for years, i.e. ex youth team players.

Like 99% of us I don't know what really happened with the Manager saga, but I wish the board had all taken a small step back and thought "If it aint broke, don't try and fix it". 7th place in the league?? Was that really not good enough??

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
bet the fans forum is cancelled and bet knight does not have the bollocks to do a phone in with harty

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's never one single person to blame.

So in order of culpability:

Archer. Every time any of us go to Withdean, or the players run out there, or we lose money hand over fist by playing there, or people find somewhere better to go on a Saturday, it's still his fault. That is not dwelling on it, just stating an obvious fact.

Dick Knight. It was a big call to sack Wilkins and bring Adams back, and it is only fair he be judged on how it panned out. The jury's in, and it was a disaster.

Micky Adams. He just wasn't the same manager or personality. Very disappointing, and surprising.

The players. They have let large chunks of the season go by without waking up and smelling the coffee. Points at the start are every bit as valuable as points at the end (look at Hull - it may keep them up). Huge under-performance against some very mediocre teams.

The fans. The negativity around the place is incredible at the moment, and it'a not helping.

Bloody good answer sir.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The board.

I'm a bit tired of the spin and arrogance to be honest.

If there is a chance for another fans forum, I'd love to see Tony Bloom come along and answer a few questions.

Last edited:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
"Who DO you blame for this f*** up of a season"

Can we have a separate poll to ascertain where capitilisation should most appropriately be used in this sentance?

I blame, in no particular order...

Dick Knight; for sacking an up and coming manager who had guided us to 7th with an average team. Replacing him with an Albion 'legend' to try and bring back the fans, even though his managerial record is largely shite.

Micky Adams; for being utterly clueless tactically. Constantly playing people out of position, and replacing our squad that finished 7th with endless loan signings.

The Players; for falling apart at the seams to many times this season. We've needed players to dig deep when going a goal or two down and they have rarely done that. Their effort has to be questioned on numerous occassions this season.

Word.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Knight 100%. He sacked Wilkins because his ego is too big to accept others views. He tried to con fans into buying season tickets by bringing back a legend manager without considering his recent lack of success. He failed to give Adams complete control over his choice of coaches and signings. Then having clearly made a mistake in Adams appointment he took forever to sack him, finally only doing so immediately before three of the most winnable games of the season against relegation rivals, without having a replacement lined up, leaving the team all over the place and one point was gained from three winnable games. Having f***ed this up so badly, he then spent two weeks dancing around trying to persuade a manager to come who obviously wasn;t that keen. Leaving him with fourth choice Slade.

Anyone who thinks this season is not down to Knight has their head in the sand.

Oh and did I mention recruiting a managing director who has done f*** all since he got here?!

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
I know I will get flamed for knowing sod all about running a football team. but a caller on the phone in today said that some of the players were partygoers and pub crawkers. If this is so, why can;t the contract say that they should stay off the partying for say 24 hours before a game. I can't see much joy in standing up in a bar and proclaiming "I play for BHA", and expecting the drink to start flowing towards them. well certainly not in the present situation.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Such as? Tony Bloom isn't on the Board btw.

Really.......

I never knew that :shootself, perhaps you could enlighten us as to the reason why ?

As the resident boards apologist, perhaps you could tell us where the power resides these days.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here