Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whitehawk FC

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He did play for Haywards Heath but a player from Ringmer has just signed for my sons team and told him that Geoff Pitcher and Kerry Mayo were at Ringmer so I dont know.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Mayo can no longer run yet play football at any level.

If he could then he would be playing for Port Vale.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Many ex pros are able to play county league standard football when they are unable to train or run to the requirements of league football. I just know thata young man who played for Ringmer first team last season has joined my son and to quote him ' Ringmer has been bought out and paying a lot of money to bring in ex pros and senior non league players and I dont want to revert back to youth football I want to play mens football. 2 of the players they have brought in are Kerry Mayo and Geoff Pitcher ex Brighton'.

Having spoken to my son it appears that GP is playing for St Francis but Ringmer are trying to get him to transfer to them.

So no TLO is wasn't a wind up.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I saw Darren Freeman play for Whitehawk last season and he could hardly walk let alone run

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Really?

I spoke to Kerry two weeks ago, and he said he cannot train, run or play for longer than a minute without being in excrutiating pain. Basically, he is a crock. He can, thankfully, walk OK.

He is doing his coaching badges, but for now is working in insurance and wants nothing to do with football on a day-to-day basis. It's something he is genuinely upset about.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Didnt Cullip do the same at Lewes and on a higher scale when did Guy Butters stop or even start running but he was very good at what he did do with his knowledge of the game.

I once took a team to France to play againsta little local team who had 3 central defenders who in their day had beach been Player of The season for PSG,St Ettiene etc but were all over 55 but they were outstanding ran about 3 yds each to reach the ball as they were always in the correct position to receive it and this was an education to my lads who were mostly early 20s.

So Mayo could play centre back for a county league side and hardly have to run.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Really?

I spoke to Kerry two weeks ago, and he said he cannot train, run or play for longer than a minute without being in excrutiating pain. Basically, he is a crock. He can, thankfully, walk OK.

He is doing his coaching badges, but for now is working in insurance and wants nothing to do with football on a day-to-day basis. It's something he is genuinely upset about.

If what you say is true , and I have no reason to doubt you, what the chap told my son was bullshit so I am wrong, but just passing on what I had been told by somebody who I expected to have known. I did say at the time to him are you sure its as a player and not as a manager and he was most insistant it was as a player.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Didnt Cullip do the same at Lewes and on a higher scale when did Guy Butters stop or even start running but he was very good at what he did do with his knowledge of the game.

I once took a team to France to play againsta little local team who had 3 central defenders who in their day had beach been Player of The season for PSG,St Ettiene etc but were all over 55 but they were outstanding ran about 3 yds each to reach the ball as they were always in the correct position to receive it and this was an education to my lads who were mostly early 20s.

:wozza: I give up. You're clearly not understanding a basic premise here.

He can do no more than walk anywhere. He cannot kick the ball, or jump for it or even trot around.

The players you mention could still run if only a bit, Mayo cannot.

Unless, of course, Kerry was lying to me.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Bit of a difference between PSG and Brighton to be fair. And lets face it Mayo wasn't much better than county league standard in his prime.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Could Mayo play up front as a target man still Al? Can he move enough to do that?

I think he could pull that off for Ringmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here