Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whitehawk FC

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I heard that Kerry Mayo and Geoff Pitcher are playing for Ringmer, they must be earning a bit.

i dont think pitcher is on a huge amount at st francis if anything at all - he plays more for fun these days, enjoys a smoke and a drink and i believe works in a fire/police service related job

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
But i do know having a bit of cash may buy you success for a season or two maybe but then the cash injection even in the Ryman will have to become more and more and more until it runs out, then the players run out too.

apparently, whitehawk tried to pick up the majority of last seasons lewes sqaud who were either out of or not under contract. most of them decided to turn it down due to the drop in standard, but if whitehawk are ryman south next year then it may be a different matter

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think the only way Whitehawk will be successful is by achieving back to back promotions. They will have to relocate too , will B&HCC allow them to take out a lease to play at Withdean in 3 or 4 years time ?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I think the only way Whitehawk will be successful is by achieving back to back promotions. They will have to relocate too , will B&HCC allow them to take out a lease to play at Withdean in 3 or 4 years time ?

I think this will probably be the case, if so it will possibly give the Hawks the chance to progress up the pyramid.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Whitehawk are trying to put plans together to have a stand behind one of the goals, the one that backs onto the college pitches. The stand will be a two sided stand so that it will have seats facing the Whitehawk pitch on one side and seats facing the college pitches on the other.

They've got other work going on aswell, i think they've updated/built a new club house, although i havn't seen it just going by what people have told me.

Not sure what else they have to do to get it upto Ryman standard but by what i've been told by my dad, who knows a few of the people at the club, they're trying to get it all in place.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
saw whitehawk demolish mile oak the other week 5-0 on a shoddy oak pitch, they looked decent enough to me.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't Whitehawk just build up their existing ground? It's not as though it's in an area of outstanding natural beauty?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Forgive my ignorance but what has happened to Kerry Mayo with regards to his knees? What's he done to them that means he can no longer run(no puns please...)?

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
They could also move directly into the Southern League, as did Bognor Regis Town.

Most unlikely due to the 'imaginary' border line that loosely runs from the Hants/Sussex border to the North of the M25 & over to Essex. Teams from the South East pocket feed into the Ryman Isthmian League whereas teams in the other half that are based Hampshire westwards; Berkshire, Wiltshire & East Anglia generally feed into the Southern league.

Whitehawk are safely inside that boundary should the time become necessary for 'balance adjustment' of teams in a close season. Those teams close to the boundaries are often biting the nails. Bognor no doubt being one of them. The Southern league has traditionally had the longer traveling compared to the Ryman Isthmian League. A lot of clubs in that league are well delighted that Truro Town gained promotion!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Ryman south (which is what they would go up to) is two steps away from conference south.

From what I understand Joe Gatting will be playing for them (if he's not already) and is reported to be on £300 a game with a £100 a goal bonus. Which is crazy money for that level. Allot of the teams at that level don't pay anything.

Crowborough learnt the hard way that money talks at that level.

Gatting played for Sussex on Friday and Sunday and is in the squad today to face Lancashire at Old Trafford. He is also in the initial squad to play in the Champions League Twenty20 in India in October. Not sure how much he'll play for Whitehawk (if at all) this season. I'd prefer to see him play grade cricket in Australia this winter anyway.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Ryman south (which is what they would go up to) is two steps away from conference south.

From what I understand Joe Gatting will be playing for them (if he's not already) and is reported to be on £300 a game with a £100 a goal bonus. Which is crazy money for that level. Allot of the teams at that level don't pay anything.

Crowborough learnt the hard way that money talks at that level.

I play for Mile Oak youth team, and Mile Oak are the only club in county div 1 who don't pay their players. Gatting getting £300 a week is ridiculous though.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I play for Mile Oak youth team, and Mile Oak are the only club in county div 1 who don't pay their players. Gatting getting £300 a week is ridiculous though.

Well they are not the only one but probably one of the few in Sussex. Crowborough certainly don't now, but they had to learn the hard way.

Speaking to the chaps who came down from Bedfont for the cup game recently they don't pay their guys a bean either (same step combined counties league).

Think you'll be surprised, especially in the current climate, I think allot of teams will wind in their spending.

Big debate on Nomad about this the other week: Nomad Forum View topic - who thinks county league players should be paid?

The best players will go where ever the money is, simple fact of life, even at that level when they are earning little more than beer money.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

you dont get paid at hassocks :)

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington

Loads of teams don't pay their players, but if you want to have any chance of winning it you have to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here