Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whitehawk FC

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
Langney Sports didn't worry about being named after a suburb of Eastbourne until they started climbing the pyramid, and were aiming for a higher profile.

Langney Sports were asked to change their name by the Southern League and by the F.A, just like Stamco had to when they got promoted

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Well looks fairly certain they'll be moving out the county league then

When a club at there level can sign an ex-league player in James Fraser (Tommy's brother) who was released by Brizzle Rovers says it all really. Albeit James did not play any games for Rovers but was still a player there for a couple of years on back of his form at Worthing, along with Scott Kirkwood from Lewes, who could easily play at BSS level but has chose to go for money rather than for the competition, no suprise really but is disapointing to see so many ex-rebels head to where the money lie :(

MARKO

Dec 13, 2007
When Whitehawk get promoted this season,they will be playing Worthing ,Buggers Hill and ymca next season....re Worthing I hear unless Morty puts his hand in his pocket there will be an exodus at the end of the season any way.

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
Gave B Hill a miss as my son was on the bench for Hassocks v Whitehawk. An excellant game with Hassocks going 2 up early on but the Hawks didn't panic and played some good stuff to finally win 5-3.
If they do get promoted to the Ryman i think they will struggle to cope with the extra pace at that level.
Must say i was surprised at the number of Hawk supporters at the game considering the poor home attendances.
With a few pints a most enjoyable afternoon in the sun.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Sorry idiot here. Should they get promotion they would join the Ryman league right? How many more promotions would they need to be in the BSS?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here