Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whispers that Woodgate and Ambrose are on the verge of signing!

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
To sum it up..

Murray - 22 goals, playing for (by far) the best team in the league. Had one good season. Moody bastard. I'm glad we have got rid. Don't think Gus was really worried about losing him, lets face it, if Gus/Tony wanted him to stay, he would have.

CMS - 35 goals! speaks for itself. A much much much better player then Murray.

Hoskins - 20 goals in a very poor team.

I know which two i would rather

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
They had Boro to win the league last season and Watford to go down. Watford finished the higher of the two.

Is that really the best you have?

The bookies once got something wrong!?

George Burley and major injuries to Ambrose and Danns were the key to us being involved at the wrong end of the table last year. I don't think we're pull up any tree's this coming season but a safe position around 16th is achievable

Fair enough. And where do you honestly think we will finish?

Can you HONESTLY say that there are any areas of your club that you think are ahead of ours in this coming season? I'd love to hear which.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Strangely I have, they rate us and think you're going down. You have a worse squad than last season (only an idiot would disagree), quite clearly not much money and CPFC2010 are not as rich as they said they were. Reminds me of Goldberg and Tangoman.

Face a fact, you're shit.

Hello serial bullshi**er! Speroni, Clyne, Zaha, Murray, Iverson. I could go on, hardly shit mate. You carry on with Gordon Greer, old boy Ankergran and co...

And there's still plenty of time for us to get player's in. In fact we've just bid 500k for an international defender.So much for having no money!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Can you HONESTLY say that there are any areas of your club that you think are ahead of ours in this coming season? I'd love to hear which.

In fairness their academy is already established, our 15 million academy/training complex is still 1 year from completion. In EVERY other facet, we are better.

Better supported, better manager, better centre forward, better investment, better stadium, better team....... and much much better fans

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This thread is going to get so many bounces over the next few months.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
In fairness their academy is already established, our 15 million academy/training complex is still 1 year from completion. In EVERY other facet, we are better.

Better supported, better manager, better centre forward, better investment, better stadium, better team....... and much much better fans

Laughable

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
who does this one play for?

Turks and Caicos? Bhutan U21's?

Tell me, what sort of career has Gordan Greer had. Lower English leagues and Scotland. Immense.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Very true. But even that is going to be eclipsed by ours shortly.

Which bits?

You have a better stadium and investment. Everything else is open to debate.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Dream on. Ask most neutral's and they would tell you that Palace are still a much bigger club. Player wise, you have CMS, we have Murray. CMS scored 5 more league goals than Murray last year but a few of them where pens. Murray's where all from open play i believe? The difference is you have paid £3 million and we have paid a transfer fee of ZERO. And look at the two squads. We have Ambrose, Clyne, Zaha and Speroni, quality players at this level. You have to spend big just to catch up.

I think neutrals would agree that recent history sugests your club were bigger, yes. But the neutral would also hardly be able to ignore the magnificent new stadium we've just built, the sizeable transfer fees we've paid and are being touted as paying and the fact that we've just been promoted after running away with the league whilst Palace narrowly avoided relegation. All these things add up, to us and to the neutral, showing that the Albion are clearly the bigger fish right now. I'd happily run through the facts with a survey sized collection of neutral fans and see who comes out top.

"We asked 1,000 people which football club do you see has the brighter future. Our survey said... ALBION"

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Better supported - 18,400 season tickets to under 10,000, better manager - come on, how many people outside of Croydon would prefer Freedman in charge to Poyet? In fact how many people in Croydon would really prefer it? How many big jobs has Freedman been linked with?, better centre forward - 35 goals to 22 goals seems to clear that one up, better investment - yes, better stadium- yes, better team - all the bookies seem to think so....... and much much better fans - matter of opinion.

So it's hardly laughable, is it?

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles

images

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
This thread is going to get so many bounces over the next few months.

Most enjoyable thread we've had lately. Good old fashioned knockabout fun. Banter as it is meant to be.

I cannot wait for September 27, I really don't think Palace will know what has hit them.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Very true. But even that is going to be eclipsed by ours shortly.

Which bits?

The acadamy that has just three pitches and that they pay residential land value to rent it for at a stupid rate. Okay, fair enough it has produced some good players but lets not go on about it like its the best thing on earth.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'm pretty confident Palace won't be above us at any point all season. I'll gladly take a wager with any Palace fan that we will finish above them

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Most enjoyable thread we've had lately. Good old fashioned knockabout fun. Banter as it is meant to be.

I cannot wait for September 27, I really don't think Palace will know what has hit them.

We are going to tear them apart , I just know it

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Tell me, what sort of career has Gordan Greer had. Lower English leagues and Scotland. Immense.

I think you're making the mistake of looking backwards. We have only played you about two seasons in the past 22 or whatever it is, so based only on that (probably what that idiot Allardyce was doing), we're nothing.

But who would you rather be playing for in the next five years? It's a no-brainer. What might Greer achieve this season?

You had some big names in your team last season, and where did it get you? I'll tell you where. A standing, delirious, promotion-style ovation after a 3-0 home drubbing on the final day, so relieved were you to have scraped another season in the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here