Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whispers that Woodgate and Ambrose are on the verge of signing!

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So you think your squad in better than our's at present?

I never said Murray is better than CMS, i said for the money spent we have better value.

Well, 10 goals for no transfer fee is obviously better than 20 goals for £2.5m in terms of cash per goal.

But that counts for f*** all if it means you're going to be staring both down barrels of your perennial relegation battle once again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He has signed, get over it. He's hardly on trial is he...FFS

When will it be announced on your site then because he has only agreed terms according to that? I'd start to worry if I were you, as Glenn is a strange one.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
I don't buy into this 'Judas' tag. It's not as though he has actually lied or made a false statement to us.

In going somewhere as deadbeat as Crystal Palace, the only person he has betrayed is himself.

Agreed he didnt lie to us. However, there is no way Palace would of been offering the most money for him than other teams that were interested and it seemed Derby,Huddersfield were 2 who wanted him.

I just think he should of gone there. Its not a career move Palace thats for sure.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Well, 10 goals for no transfer fee is obviously better than 20 goals for £2.5m in terms of cash per goal.

But that counts for f*** all if it means you're going to be staring both down barrels of your perennial relegation battle once again.

George Burley and major injuries to Ambrose and Danns were the key to us being involved at the wrong end of the table last year. I don't think we're pull up any tree's this coming season but a safe position around 16th is achievable

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
So you think your squad in better than our's at present?

I never said Murray is better than CMS, i said for the money spent we have better value.
Time will tell if murray is a bargain or not,but for some reason i can see problems as he's a moody bastard as mentioned and can get very lazy if not motivated,not to mention he gets injured a fair bit.

If you can solve these probs he will be a bargain,but he's still unproven at this level.CMS is twice the player of murray as can do everything better and scored plenty of goals.

Personally i,ve never liked murray and i feel poyet wasn't a fan of him although on the pitch he can be a class act.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
From what I can see there has not even been one media interview with Glenn Murray, no press conference called to announce his signing and I cant find any official pictures of him in a palace shirt

that *is* odd... there was a point weeks ago that he couldnt sign formally until 1st July and a joke about he might change his mind if he got a better offer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Batti

Jul 19, 2010
thats not quite the same as "signed" is it...

Is there actually something in this? Quite odd that he doesn't appear on the CPFC website on the team list whilst Buckley and Hoskins both appear on ours... (having said that, CMS isn't on ours yet)

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
thats not quite the same as "signed" is it...

That article is from 24th May. He agreed terms then and became our player on July 1st. He has been seen at our training ground, in a Palace training kit working with the other player's. He must be a good player if you are clutching at straws like this.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Checked with a few neutrals and Messrs Ladbrokes, Hills and Corals all think that our squad is better than yours

They had Boro to win the league last season and Watford to go down. Watford finished the higher of the two.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Ask a few neutral's what they think.

Strangely I have, they rate us and think you're going down. You have a worse squad than last season (only an idiot would disagree), quite clearly not much money and CPFC2010 are not as rich as they said they were. Reminds me of Goldberg and Tangoman.

Face a fact, you're shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here