Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whispers that Woodgate and Ambrose are on the verge of signing!

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Better supported - 18,400 season tickets to under 10,000, better manager - come on, how many people outside of Croydon would prefer Freedman in charge to Poyet? In fact how many people in Croydon would really prefer it? How many big jobs has Freedman been linked with?, better centre forward - 35 goals to 22 goals seems to clear that one up, better investment - yes, better stadium- yes, better team - all the bookies seem to think so....... and much much better fans - matter of opinion.

So it's hardly laughable, is it?

Put Palace in a higher league and a shiny new stadium after a season were they pissed the league playing good football, and they would get 18,500 season tickets i assure you! Where were these fans last year for you lot? We have 9000 ST (still counting) this year and we have been through some utter dross the last two years.

Freedman/Poyet: unfair to compare, totally different circumstances, one was at the top of the league, the other was thrown in at the deep end of a relegation battle with an injury hit squad. Considering we were 6 points adrift when he came in he did a fantastic job to keep us up by 6 points.

Our fans and atmosphere at Selhurst and away from home have been praised by a whole host of other teams, most saying we are the best in the Championship. If you want me to find links to these sites i will but i'm sure you have better things to do.

Murray/CMS. Again, open to debate. Over 46 league games CMS, got 5 more goals in a team that was by far the most gung-hoe in the division.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
A ball hasn't been kicked in the Amex yet and already "we're bigger' than a team who have played in the league above us over recent past. What next, my dad could have your dad?

Years of barely surviving and now we are at the promised land a fair wedge of posters go all billy big bollocks.

Carry on like this and we will be the championship version of chelsea fans after Roman took over and everyone will hate us.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
A ball hasn't been kicked in the Amex yet and already "we're bigger' than a team who have played in the league above us over recent past. What next, my dad could have your dad?

Years of barely surviving and now we are at the promised land a fair wedge of posters go all billy big bollocks.

Carry on like this and we will be the championship version of chelsea fans after Roman took over and everyone will hate us.

Very true, some of it is quite cringeworthy., a bit like that "We're f***ing brilliant" song last season.

All very well being exited about times ahead but saying how much bigger & better we are than other teams is in my opionion just setting ourselves up for a big fall.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Can't we have a thread where Palace and people who want to argue with them go and play and leave the rest unlittered with dross so we can see the important stuff?

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
Freedman/Poyet: unfair to compare, totally different circumstances, one was at the top of the league, the other was thrown in at the deep end of a relegation battle with an injury hit squad. Considering we were 6 points adrift when he came in he did a fantastic job to keep us up by 6 points.

So where exactly were we when Poyet joined? Ill give you some help - not top of the league.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Hello serial bullshi**er! Speroni, Clyne, Zaha, Murray, Iverson. I could go on, hardly shit mate. You carry on with Gordon Greer, old boy Ankergran and co...

And there's still plenty of time for us to get player's in. In fact we've just bid 500k for an international defender.So much for having no money!

Need to do better than that, because not too many around here are going to be impressed with an 18 year old (Zaha) who has scored 1 goal in 41 appearances or a 34 year old has been (Iverson) who managed 2 goals in 17 appearances for you last season. Murray has been talked about enough, personally i think hes a very good player but none of us know how he will fair in the championship.

So that leaves Clyne who is a pretty solid full back from what ive heard and Speroni whos a reasonable keeper. Think you might need more than that to be honest. Oh just noticed you said you could go on, well please be my guest. What other superstars are you going to mention?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Put Palace in a higher league and a shiny new stadium after a season were they pissed the league playing good football, and they would get 18,500 season tickets i assure you! Where were these fans last year for you lot? We have 9000 ST (still counting) this year and we have been through some utter dross the last two years.

Our fans and atmosphere at Selhurst and away from home have been praised by a whole host of other teams, most saying we are the best in the Championship. If you want me to find links to these sites i will but i'm sure you have better things to do.

Murray/CMS. Again, open to debate. Over 46 league games CMS, got 5 more goals in a team that was by far the most gung-hoe in the division.

Yes I'm sure you would. But the point is, you aren't, and we are. We've been behind you for so long and now things have changed, if it was the other way around you would be saying exactly the same thing.

Er, I think you'll find that Poyet took over when we were down the bottom with a mess of a squad and completely turned things around. He didn't take over a team at the top and just carry on winning, which is what you seem to be suggesting.

I think if you asked virtually any fan who supports a league 1 club who the better player out of CMS and Murray is they will tell you the same thing. Do you think people on here would have been as excited as the near meltdown of the board when we bought CMS, if we had re-signed Murray? People would have been pleased, but there wouldn't have been the hysteria there was on here on Monday. And you say Peterborough were the most gung-ho in the division, but we created so many chances last year it was ridiculous. If we'd have had CMS in the side he would have got 40. Even Ashley Barnes got 20!

Oh pipe down, it's a bit of banter.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Need to do better than that, because not too many around here are going to be impressed with an 18 year old (Zaha) who has scored 1 goal in 41 appearances or a 34 year old has been (Iverson) who managed 2 goals in 17 appearances for you last season. Murray has been talked about enough, personally i think hes a very good player but none of us know how he will fair in the championship.

So that leaves Clyne who is a pretty solid full back from what ive heard and Speroni whos a reasonable keeper. Think you might need more than that to be honest. Oh just noticed you said you could go on, well please be my guest. What other superstars are you going to mention?

We both forgot Ambrose.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
As far as I'm concerned, people who don't want a bit of banter with our oldest rivals can do one, and don't bother coming to the game in September either, give your ticket to someone who appreciates the magnitude of the occasion.

It's been a long time coming round, and many are going to enjoy it, that is what being a football fan is all about. I think many older Brighton fans always believed we were as big as Palace, but that has seemed a ludicrous concept in recent years with our troubles. Now finally the facts support it, so lighten up, and enjoy being back on a level playing field after 25 years.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
I agree with you partially 'Commander', but can't help thinking some of the excitement is about £2.5million being spent rather than the player - modern football perhaps.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Didn't Clyne not even bother to turn up to your end of season do to collect his POY award? He sounds like a cracking guy to have around to boost team spirit.

He'll probably room with Glenn :lolol:

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
With Ambrose, Zaha and KG setting him up, I think he'll do just fine. We lacked a player like him last year, he's the piece in the jigsaw that we've been crying our for.

Your team is like the kind of jigsaw you find in a nursing home. 11 large wooden bits, 2 of them are missing, 3 of them belong in a totally different jigsaw and the rest soaking wet where some oap had dribbled on them

I am not here to say "who is bigger than who" as quite frankly, as evidence suggests, if we are going on League standings over the past 30 years then certainly, Crystal Palace have been better. Yet clearly we as a club have more potential than ever at this present time and surely Palace fans can admit to seeing that? The Stadium, season tickets, catchment area and being backed with all kinds of money by a man who bleeds Blue and White are clear indicators we are going somewhere.

Two of the other issues touched upon I also have something to say about. Glenn Murray TWENTY TWO f***ing GOALS!!! Craig Mackail Smith THIRTY FIVE f***ing GOALS!!! I need say no more other than to add that at times last season, Wood and Barness where preffered upfront by Poyet. Shows how much he rated him. True, two are completely different players but surely any football fan can see from simply watching the two that CMS is the far better all round player. It is so very plain to see.

Another thing, the Poyet-Freedman comparison. It is at this point hard to compare the two but again any football fan will tell you that Poyet is the better manager. The football we play, the signings, the infastructure he has built and the sheer FACTS he has been linked with Uruguay, Real Zaragoza and Aston Villa since his arrival here coupled with the fact he has simply spent more time as a manager and had more success!!! Poyet is the better manager, it is so plain to see.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He has signed, get over it. He's hardly on trial is he...FFS
If he hasn't signed already, I expect he will any day, and it will be official. But what's funny is that if he were to change his mind, and didn't sign, you'd come on here saying that "you wouldn't let him sign until he proved himself in training, and while he was the best striker at Brighton, he wasn't up to the standard of your team" etc etc.

Yes, please find those links for us. You're right, I have better things to do, but you clearly don't, which is why you're on the Brighton forum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here