Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whingy signs off

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Gradually working his way to the conference league should be able to reach it within 12 months if he tries hard enough.

Doing Whingy a massive disservice in my book - he is a solid League One defender.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Doing Whingy a massive disservice in my book - he is a solid League One defender.

It is all down to opinions and much as he may be a decent chap and has been described as a model proffessional IMHO he is not good enough for a div 1 team and hasnt been for a long time.

I can only see his career going 1 way................. conference or at the best lower Div 2, hence his move to Oxford.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is all down to opinions and much as he may be a decent chap and has been described as a model proffessional IMHO he is not good enough for a div 1 team and hasnt been for a long time.

I can only see his career going 1 way................. conference or at the best lower Div 2, hence his move to Oxford.

Slade thought he was good enough for Orient. I think your opinion is mean spirited to say the least.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Gradually working his way to the conference league should be able to reach it within 12 months if he tries hard enough.

Did Whing refuse to sign an autograph for Ben or you? You've had it in for him for years. Granted, most of us realised that he has his limitations, but over 250 appearances says he is not non-league material.

It is not really a step down. Leyton Orient are not going anywhere fast and Oxford will be pushing for promotion next season. Good signing for the U's.

Not good enough for League One? He has played over 200 games at this level and above. He refused a contract offer from Orient... at League One level. There seem to be plenty of qualified football persons that disagree with you. Dropping down a league is not the end.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Did Whing refuse to sign an autograph for Ben or you? You've had it in for him for years. Granted, most of us realised that he has his limitations, but over 250 appearances says he is not non-league material.

It is not really a step down. Leyton Orient are not going anywhere fast and Oxford will be pushing for promotion next season. Good signing for the U's.

Not good enough for League One? He has played over 200 games at this level and above. He refused a contract offer from Orient... at League One level. There seem to be plenty of qualified football persons that disagree with you. Dropping down a league is not the end.

:thumbsup:

When I think of some of the wasters and jokers we've had in the 30 years I've supported the club, it beggars belief that Ben's Grandad should hold his biggest grudge towards a player who always gave his best and who never once slagged Poyet or the club off when discarded.

Good luck, Whingy!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Without a doubt Oxford are very happy to have Whingy, I suspect the reason why he preferred them to Orient is that they offered him a better overall deal. He's a solid back and given that he did a decent job for Orient who just missed the play offs speaks for itself. Whilst he might not be a Championship player he's a solid League one defender and will be an excellent acquisition for Oxford.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I'd hazard a guess Whing probably doesn't give a flying f*ck which of them is a bigger club or what any of us think on the matter. Given he made the decision, I'm sure he has his reasons which appear to be family related. I, for one wish him well and hope he gets the promotion he deserves next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here