Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whingy signs off

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I loved Andrew Whing from his debut appearance when we lost 3-0 at home to Blackpool...many of you ridiculed me on that day for my thread about how great I thought he was going to be...and granted, he isn't going to fit into a team in the style we currently play.

However, he was great for us in the last few seasons and would do well at most league one clubs. Good luck to him!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
He was my FAVOURITE Albion player while he was here, always gave 100% and i think even he knew his technical ability was poor. His effort in that "Slade survival season" was second to none, and deservedly got him the player of the season award.
I know he's no longer our player and all that, but he will get a big round of applause from me when we visit The Matchbox Stadium, or whatever its called now.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Good Luck Whingy. Won player of the year because he was the only player who gave a f*** when the rest didn't.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Good luck Whingy, a true professional

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Hundreds of players can boast that they were privileged enough to wear the hallowed Brighton shirt. Not all of them can boast that they paid their way. Andy Whing can.

Good luck for the future.

Ps We now have an alarming lack of gingers after being spoilt for choice.

Lurker

62 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
I'm sitting here with SSN on in the background ... and a caption has just come up on screen saying Orient have extended the loan of Andrew Whing until the end of the season?
Huh?

Good luck to him.
He'll get recognition in Sports Quizzes for the rest of his life under the question .. "Which player scored the last ever league goal at Highfield Road?"

What's the chances of him ending up at Northampton Town next season, alongside Kevin Thornton and many other ex-Coventry players!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Turned down a contract at Orient.... for Oxford?!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Very good signing for Oxford. I genuinely think they're going to be in the promotion shake up next season. They'll be getting some each-way investment from me this summer! The signing of Andy Whing might not be headline news, but if they can add a few more solid pros like him and a bit of quality up front...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Oxford are potentially a bigger club than Orient.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Oxford are actually a much bigger club than Orient, despite being in a lower division. They get very good gates considering their mid table status. I can see them being a front runner next season. No doubt they'll enjoy the company of Swindon.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Good luck to Andy Whing, Orient have got a good pro there.

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
Oxford are actually a much bigger club than Orient, despite being in a lower division. They get very good gates considering their mid table status. I can see them being a front runner next season. No doubt they'll enjoy the company of Swindon.

No they are not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here