Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whingy signs off

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Oxford are a much bigger club than Orient.

Oxford

League Cup final win - 1986. Three seasons in the top flight. Excellent crowds (now) for their level. Ground capacity of just under 20,000 when end stand completed. Big catchment area.

Orient

One FA Cup semi-final. One season in top flight. Poor crowds. Two massive clubs within five miles. Capacity under 10,000, with no potential to increase.

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
Oxford are a much bigger club than Orient.

Oxford

League Cup final win - 1986. Three seasons in the top flight. Excellent crowds (now) for their level. Ground capacity of just under 20,000 when end stand completed. Big catchment area.

Orient

One FA Cup semi-final. One season in top flight. Poor crowds. Two massive clubs within five miles. Capacity under 10,000, with no potential to increase.

I couldnt care less. They are not a bigger club. End of.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I couldnt care less. They are not a bigger club. End of.

Its all about how people perceive things, I always think of Oxford as a reasonably big club. They were good when I started watching football. Orient have always been a lower league club in my lifetime.

Sorry

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I disagree. They are not a bigger club. I dont have to agree, listen to reason or be anything other than small minded when it comes to the love of my club.

[yt]0CBgQtwIwAA&[/yt]

"Opinion is divided on the matter. All the other fans say we are much smaller than Oxford; I say we're not."

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
I disagree. They are not a bigger club. I dont have to agree, listen to reason or be anything other than small minded when it comes to the love of my club.

There is no argument - bigger crowds, bigger stadium, more trophies won, longer in the top flight........

Jul 5, 2003
As much as I dislike Orient, they are a much bigger club. Oxford have only been in the Football League for one season!

To be a little more serious, though, they only became a full League club in 1962 and only had a successful time in the 1980's because they were being bankrolled by somebody that was stealing money from the pensions of the staff of the Mirror group of newspapers.

Saying that Oxford are the bigger club is a bit like saying, in 10 years time, that Man City are bigger than Arsenal because they won the cup in 2010/11 and finished above Arsenal in the Premier League in the same season, even though now (in 2021) City have dropped down to the Championship and Arsenal are still in the Premier League even though they haven't won anything for 16 years!!

It's all relative.

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
As much as I dislike Orient, they are a much bigger club. Oxford have only been in the Football League for one season!

To be a little more serious, though, they only became a full League club in 1962 and only had a successful time in the 1980's because they were being bankrolled by somebody that was stealing money from the pensions of the staff of the Mirror group of newspapers.

Saying that Oxford are the bigger club is a bit like saying, in 10 years time, that Man City are bigger than Arsenal because they won the cup in 2010/11 and finished above Arsenal in the Premier League in the same season, even though now (in 2021) City have dropped down to the Championship and Arsenal are still in the Premier League even though they haven't won anything for 16 years!!

It's all relative.

this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Gradually working his way to the conference league should be able to reach it within 12 months if he tries hard enough.

He had an offer from Orient to stay but chose to move so that he could be with his family, having just become a Dad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here