Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whing

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
RM-Taylor said:
:clap: Spot on.

Was just clarifying it was over a month old though.
Should be useful for people who can't read....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
Yes, but what's changed in those five weeks? Albion given up interest?

Other clubs have shown an interest. Don't mean to be a Job but how often do players choose us when other clubs in our division want them?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Icy Gull said:
Other clubs have shown an interest. Don't mean to be a Job but how often do players choose us when other clubs in our division want them?
Revell
Savage
Rehman

This season.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Update (copied and pasted from Brightonfans)

(from the Sunday Mercury newspaper in the Black Country, as copied from a Walsall forum)...

Walsall face race for Sky Blues' WhingMay 21 2007

By Mat Kendrick

WALSALL'S plan to sign Coventry City defender Andrew Whing could be hit by fierce competition from a host of their League One rivals.

Leeds, Brighton, Blackpool and Crewe are all threatening to hijack the full-back's move to the Banks's Stadium.

The Sky Blues youth-team graduate, who famously scored the last league goal at Highfield Road, was released by Iain Dowie earlier this month.

And with Walsall boss Richard Money's youth-team connections at the Ricoh Arena, Whing, 22, was expected to make the switch to the Saddlers.

The League Two champions are in need of a right-back after Chris Westwood's move to Peterborough and the departure of Craig Pead.

But Whing's wages could be a stumbling block for Walsall, who have made bolstering their strike-force the top priority.

Leeds are monitoring the situation but are currently prevented from signing players after going into administration, while Brighton, where he spent time on loan last season, Blackpool and Crewe are also waiting in the wings.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Can't contribute any more to the debate except a mate who follows The Saddlers thought they had him a couple of weeks ago but then heard that Leeds were interested and is suddenly pessimistic. Hardly surprising really.
But how good is it to read a whole thread where everyone wants to actually sign the player and no-one is slagging him off.
Doesn't seem to happen often does it

1066gull

He is coming to Brighton. There are a number of fans, including his Myspace begging him to sign for us!

Oh I love the guy:bowdown:

1066gull

severnside gull said:
Can't contribute any more to the debate except a mate who follows The Saddlers thought they had him a couple of weeks ago but then heard that Leeds were interested and is suddenly pessimistic. Hardly surprising really.
But how good is it to read a whole thread where everyone wants to actually sign the player and no-one is slagging him off.
Doesn't seem to happen often does it
Don't get on your high horse when Ernest is about...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
If he had any sense he would sign for Blackpool.

1066gull

Yorkie said:
If he had any sense he would sign for Blackpool.
How could you suggest such a thing?

We have a chance to make our club better, and you are suggesting players should sign for other clubs? :ohmy:

I don't give a shit about other clubs, all I care about us Brighton and Whingy is a player I want to play for us:clap2: :albion:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Because it is a Championship club now Adrie. Players do what is best for themselves and don't care about clubs like the fans do.

Try thinking before you post now and again.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I think Blackpool will struggle next season, i would have thought that we might be a better prospect long term as he will be 25 when we're hopefully be playing at Falmer. Not sure what is happening with Bloomfield Road with the other 2 sides of the ground and if they can establish themseleves in that division but i can't see no reason why in 5 years time we can be in the position as where Coventry are now (providing we are at falmer) and if Blackpool are back in the 3rd tier.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
[I don't give a shit about other clubs, all I care about us Brighton and Whingy is a player I want to play for us:clap2: :albion: [/B][/QUOTE]

Thought you liked Liverpool the other day :bounce:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It is widely known that Andy Whing pretty much said that he wanted to play for the Albion and enjoyed his time with us. I am never confident that we will sign the players we need, but in all my time following the team I struggle to remember any player who was that positive about wanting to sign and play for us, pretty much saying "come and get me".

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Whing woulþd eb a good signing and seems keem to come. Leeds is a non-starter because they can't buy anyone. Crewe might be interesting..... Walsall may be local but they must be favourites to go down again.

I think we 've got a good chance but if I was Whing I may wait a while and see if we get a good striker in before comitting... let's face it our season will hinge on if we get a proven goalscorer.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
What's going on then?

Why hasn't he signed yet?

I want TRANSFERS IN

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here