Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whing

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
hans kraay fan club said:
Leeds play in Leeds though, which would put off any right-minded individual.
Nothing wrong with Leeds.

(apart from Leeds United, obviously)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If I was a pro footballer and someone said to me , you can come and play for us with our 40,000 stadium, average gate of about 25k, take an average of 5k to most away games, heaps of history and just about to be bought by someone with shed loads of money and known to pay decent wages, and housing in the Leeds area is reasonable.

Or us

mmmmmmmm....difficult choice.

12.777789 nano-seconds for that one

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dave the Gaffer said:
If I was a pro footballer and someone said to me , you can come and play for us with our 40,000 stadium, average gate of about 25k, take an average of 5k to most away games, heaps of history and just about to be bought by someone with shed loads of money and known to pay decent wages, and housing in the Leeds area is reasonable.

Or us

mmmmmmmm....difficult choice.

12.777789 nano-seconds for that one

But you hail from oop North, so are used to the grime and squalor.
Other people may wish to live and raise their family somewhere nicer. [As preumably you did yourself].

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
But he would also have to consider first team opportunities. He is pretty much guaranteed first team football here, whereas he may face limited opportunities with someone like Leeds. We may be an attractive port of call to elevate himself back into the Championship with another team.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Hmmmm doesn't look good for signing him. Surely Wallsall would be the best for him as he wouldn't really have to move.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
hans kraay fan club said:
But you hail from oop North, so are used to the grime and squalor.
Other people may wish to live and raise their family somewhere nicer. [As preumably you did yourself].

Yes but so is Whing

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Wilka said:
Hmmmm doesn't look good for signing him. Surely Wallsall would be the best for him as he wouldn't really have to move.
Maybe he would want to move?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If that speculative list of clubs are really our rivals for his signature it looks like Reid, El Abd and Kerry will be our RB next season, whatever we offer Whing :(

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Ha ha I like that term 'closing in' in the article, when if you look at the list of clubs after him, we couldn't be more unappealing!!

Even Walsall is a more attractive offer than us right now, which speaks volumes about us at the moment!

I will guarentee a relegation battle next season, where we don't get any higher than about 16th all season. Whing is not coming here, so we can forget that one as quickly as the story started.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Seagull73 said:
I will guarentee a relegation battle next season, where we don't get any higher than about 16th all season.
No you can't! :lol:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I think Mr Whing seems like the kind of guy that would actually want to come down here. It was encouraging to see him at the first Albion v Whitehawk game after his loan spell had finished knocking around with Tommy Fraser and his pals. Personally I reckon he'll come.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
RM-Taylor said:
From the 18th April
Yes, but what's changed in those five weeks? Albion given up interest?

Because he has been down here, and because he knows the place, and because he said he wants to be here, and because he fits in and because he is more or less guaranteed first team football surely makes us the favourites - or at the very least, one of the favourites - for his signature.

Having said that, we'll just have to wait and see.

But one thing is for certain, if he doesn't come here, it's not because the Albion didn't want him.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
The Large One said:
Yes, but what's changed in those five weeks? Albion given up interest?

Because he has been down here, and because he knows the place, and because he said he wants to be here, and because he fits in and because he is more or less guaranteed first team football surely makes us the favourites - or at the very least, one of the favourites - for his signature.

Having said that, we'll just have to wait and see.

But one thing is for certain, if he doesn't come here, it's not because the Albion didn't want him.

:clap: Spot on.

Was just clarifying it was over a month old though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here