Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whing

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If we sign him it shows we are at least moving in the right direction.

If we lose out on him to another League 1 club it does not send out the right message to either the fans, the players we already have and other potential signings.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I for one would be very happy if we signed him. As some have said his general distribution isn't the greatest, but his crossing is pretty good, his tackling is strong, he is excellent in the air and he gets up and down the right side like nobody else we've had in years.

As Richie says too, he is more than useful in the middle if needed. At the Millwall JPT game we were down to ten from about 14 minutes when Butters was sent off. Whing went to centre back and had a stormer. In the second half after El-Abd went of injured we went to just 3 at the back with Whing in the centre, and he was IMMENSE.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Not the sort of player we can afford to lose out on to one of our divisional rivals...

Over to you Dick.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
IF someone else is putting an offer on the table then he will sign for them as per usual.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If we lose him to one of the "big clubs" in this division then fine like Leeds or Forest.

But if its one of the run of the mill clubs like the O's or Bournemouth then I shall be VERY annoyed.

Richie Morris said:
Whing was superb. He go forward, allowing Fraser to tuck inside and almost create a midfield five when going forward. This allowed Hammond and Cox to commit further forward and it is no coincidence we had such a good record with Whing in the team.

He was also nifty when he had to fill in at centre back during some games.

His crossing was not only top notch but also varied - he was not afraid to knock in a low cross to the likes of Robinson.

We have to do everything we can to sign him.

Can't argue with any of that. The real benefit is that it would stop all this nonsense about 'let's have Reid at right back etc.' or even worse have Kerry play there.

He is a tried and tested Right Back and will provide natural balance, quality and experience all in one - go get him Dick :clap: :clap: :clap:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Whing is a must buy, Reid must not play at right back unless in emergencies because he is a CENTRAL MIDFIELD player. El abd can give cover at rb but is better in the centre of defence. Whings performance at Scunthorpe last year was absolute quality :bowdown:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Richie Morris said:

He was also nifty when he had to fill in at centre back during some games.

I'll tell you WHAT, North Stand CHAT, I am MORE than interested in the use of NIFTY when describing a footballer's ability.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I hope they are wrong, but my work colleagues in the Midlands recon Whing has already said he will sign for Walsall.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dave the Gaffer said:
I hope they are wrong, but my work colleagues in the Midlands recon Whing has already said he will sign for Walsall.

Surely Walsall must be the favourites, given that he wouldn't need to relocate. Even if he does move, surely houses in Walsall only cost about £20k anyway.

Nobody in their right mind would want to live in Blackpool or Leeds, and he already knows he likes it at the Albion, which must count for something.

Reckon its between us and Walsall.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Between us and Walsall?

So the lure of playing at Elland Road in a team competing for the title, with better wages and training facilities does not put Leeds in a stronger position than Brighton with their half full Withdean...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
hans kraay fan club said:
Surely Walsall must be the favourites, given that he wouldn't need to relocate. Even if he does move, surely houses in Walsall only cost about £20k anyway.

Nobody in their right mind would want to live in Blackpool or Leeds, and he already knows he likes it at the Albion, which must count for something.

Reckon its between us and Walsall.
Blackpool could be in the championship, and surely Leeds are going to be attractive to any player in this league?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Leeds play in Leeds though, which would put off any right-minded individual.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Silent Bob said:
http://iccoventry.icnetwork.co.uk/0...objectid=19168982&siteid=50003-name_page.html

http://www.expressandstar.co.uk/2007/05/22/mystery-over-whing-signing/

http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk...objectid=19143988&siteid=50002-name_page.html

"WALSALL'S plan to sign Coventry City defender Andrew Whing could be hit by fierce competition from a host of their League One rivals.

Leeds, Brighton, Blackpool and Crewe are all threatening to hijack the full-back's move to the Banks's Stadium."

???
Crewe have no chance. But I reckon we're the next least likely destination with our tin pot stadium and shit wages. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here