Whing

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
wont be coming to us then

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Sorry I misread the article. Walsall are interested but it is another league one side (not named)

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Southover Street Seagull said:
Walsall haven't made an offer, they were linked to him. It is another unamed Legaue One club who have made an offer too.

That's what Yorkie just said

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Ned said:
That's what Yorkie just said

she said WE had made an offer - whereas it could be ANY team in legue one - lets just hope it us

Scotty Mac said:
she said WE had made an offer - whereas it could be ANY team in legue one - lets just hope it us

We have made an offer, but so has another unamed League One club.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Southover Street Seagull said:
When I typed out my reply hers wasn't on the page, but when I hit enter her post was already there.

apologies my friend:blush:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Read it for yourselves.

Albion are closing in on long-time transfer target Andrew Whing.

But they face competition for his signature from one of their League One rivals.

The Seagulls have made an offer to Whing, who is currently on holiday considering his options.

The former Coventry defender is waiting on an offer from another League One club before making his mind up.

Whing has been linked with promoted Walsall since Coventry released him at the end of the season but they are not the side vying with Albion for his services.

The 22-year-old made a big impression on boss Dean Wilkins during a loan spell from October to December.

He helped the Seagulls to eight wins in 15 appearances and Wilkins regards the flame-haired Brummie as the long-term answer to the problem rightback position. Albion have lacked an established rightback over the past few seasons since the departure of Paul Watson.

Adam Virgo, Paul Reid, Gary Hart, Adam El-Abd and the on-loan Joe O'Cearuill are among the players to have occupied the role.

Kerry Mayo, much better-known as a leftback, was even tried there by Wilkins towards the end of the season.

Albion have added three more matches to their pre-season programme. They visit Nathan Elder's former club Billericay on July 18, Alex Revell's old team Braintree on July 21 and League Two Chester on August 4.

The Seagulls kick-off their League One campaign on August 11

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i suppose the thing walsall have in their favour is that he wont have to relocate

however, he knows if he come shere he is will be a first team player

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Im sure he said a few months ago that he would come here unless a championship club came in for him. Saying that we have got alot worse since then.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Let's hope it's not one of the bigger clubs in the division or one based in the midlands.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Richie Morris said:
We should make him an offer he can't refuse.

What, like a horse's head in the bed if he doesn't? :)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
better than what we got but he wasnt brilliant by any stretch of the imagination. Some of his passing was as bad as Mayo's. We had a reasonable record with him here though (although I dont know how much of that was to do with Hinsh)

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Whing was superb. He go forward, allowing Fraser to tuck inside and almost create a midfield five when going forward. This allowed Hammond and Cox to commit further forward and it is no coincidence we had such a good record with Whing in the team.

He was also nifty when he had to fill in at centre back during some games.

His crossing was not only top notch but also varied - he was not afraid to knock in a low cross to the likes of Robinson.

We have to do everything we can to sign him.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Richie Morris said:
Whing was superb. He go forward, allowing Fraser to tuck inside and almost create a midfield five when going forward. This allowed Hammond and Cox to commit further forward and it is no coincidence we had such a good record with Whing in the team.

He was also nifty when he had to fill in at centre back during some games.

His crossing was not only top notch but also varied - he was not afraid to knock in a low cross to the likes of Robinson.

We have to do everything we can to sign him.

Agreed. He could well play a pivotal role in getting the fans back and elevating the whole club. We looked a much better side with him in the team. As you say, we must do everything we can to secure his services.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here