Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which will be your match day pub next season?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A few of us will be coming from Portslade as well but aren't sure where to drink. I think The Vic is the favourite at the moment.

Handy for the station. Before the minibus option materialised, that would probably have been my choice as well for that reason (although I don't much care for the Vic).

Mind you, as you have to change at Brighton anyway, I'd probably mince over to the Welly.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I'd say it would be a brisk 20-25 minute walk.

Then add another 10 minutes to puff up the stairs.

10 - 15 mins max. Quicker if its raining as you will speed up!

OK - thanks.

Two more quick questions.. Is there parking at/near the pub? and do you think the council/club will place parking restrictions in these areas on match days?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I see no reason to change my pre-match or post match boozer.
I just may have to leave The Station at Preston Park a little earlier than 2.45 next season

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
OK - thanks.

Two more quick questions.. Is there parking at/near the pub? and do you think the council/club will place parking restrictions in these areas on match days?
There is a car park at the Hikers, not sure whether you will be allowed to keep the car there all afternoon though. I live just over the road, so you can park outside mine if you like.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
WSU concourse bar,.... good beer, betting outlet and sky telly,..... unless the beer is too expensive........ then it will be an al fresco bottle of buckfast next to Falmer pond.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Are the concourse tellies going to have Sky Sports? If so, it will be a few beers in a pub watching the first half of the 12.45 KO, then a 25 to the ground for beer and the second half of the footie on TV :smile:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Like the idea of getting to the ground for any early kick off on telly. Hopefully the bars will have some decent seating available though, looks as if it's more for standing up only, with a couple of stools around from the pictures I've seen

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
The bars at the ground will probably have a bit of a sanitised atmosphere tbh.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Swan just been closed for refurb in preparation. A big welcome there at the moment. No music or screen there as yet though.

The landlady was very friendly when we went in there before and after our presentations and the ale drinkers tell me that the Palmers Ales are very nice. However, unless they are building a huge extension there ain't much room in that pub for a pre-match drink and I can't see the locals being too keen on people drinking in the streets.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
will proburaly drink somewhere in lewes then jump on the train to falmer

my port of call in order will be:
tally ho
ellie
lewes arms
lansdown
train to falmer... cheer us on to victory.... then do the same pubs on my way home.... you are welcome to join me:lol::lol::lol:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The bars at the ground will probably have a bit of a sanitised atmosphere tbh.
No, thats what the club is trying to avoid....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here