Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which will be your match day pub next season?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There's only really the Hikers, Swan and Downs in the vicinity of the ground isn't there (you could always drink there but £££)? Will it be the case for most people of drinking in their regular haunts then getting the bus/train up there?

£2.90 per pint, confirmed at Amex presentation.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Southern Raillway rolling stock from London will by my match day local!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Midway in Portslade.
The landlord there is now a STH (he came in on one of my +3's), and is organising a minibus to and from his pub before and after the game, which should work a treat. I'm so relieved not to be running the P&R / trains gauntlet.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Difficult to say at the moment, there's so many options that need to be tried. Might start off drinking in Lewis, but at some point will try the supporters bar and concourse. What I end up doing regularly will depend on ease of travel at cirtain times, price and atmosphere - I suspect most will be the same.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
:bigwave:Esporta

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
As i'll be getting the train from Shoreham I'd start off in The Buckingham then straight to the ground for beers there, depending on time I may also stop off at a pub around Brighton station.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
The Midway in Portslade.
The landlord there is now a STH (he came in on one of my +3's), and is organising a minibus to and from his pub before and after the game, which should work a treat.

When did that change from the Cricketers? Passed it the other day and noticed the name change.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
When did that change from the Cricketers? Passed it the other day and noticed the name change.

About 18 months ago I think.
New owners, cleared out all the scum (it was apparently known as something of a drugs den), refurbished it, plumbed in Sky and ESPN, and it is now my weapon of choice when it comes to local beerage. Seems to be a largely scrote-free zone these days, most pleasant.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'd say it would be a brisk 20-25 minute walk.

Then add another 10 minutes to puff up the stairs.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
The Midway in Portslade.
The landlord there is now a STH (he came in on one of my +3's), and is organising a minibus to and from his pub before and after the game, which should work a treat. I'm so relieved not to be running the P&R / trains gauntlet.

A few of us will be coming from Portslade as well but aren't sure where to drink. I think The Vic is the favourite at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here