Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which way round do you hold your cutlery?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm right handed and have fork in right hand and knife in left.

Same here. It's annoying when you go out for a meal and swap the cutlery about for someone to say "no that's the wrong way"

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Fork left, knife right for most meals UNLESS it is a fork only meal (curry, chilli, spag bol et al.) in which case it's fork in the right hand and the knife becomes redundant.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Indeed. Annoys me too. As does chewing with mouth open (Sir Alex take note) and talking with a mouth full.

I probably would have mentioned the gum chewing too, but it's not a mealtime gripe (I hope). I hate seeing people chew gum at the best of times, but chewing it with their mouths open is just awful - apart from anything else it makes people look really stupid and ignorant.

ChilternGull

Nov 3, 2011
Village near Oxford
Although I am left handed I hold my fork in my left hand and knife in my right. The only thing I do right handed. But when I lay the table I lay it left handed with fork on the right, knife on the left and spoon pointing to the right! I cause chaos when eating out as I usually move the glass from the right to the left. Don't mention the plate for the bread roll!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here