Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which regional rival do you dislike the most?

Most disliked regional rival (after the Nigels)?

• Total voters

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
Man. I dislike how people are trying to make Southampton and Brighton rivals. I mean I don't like them because I live here and have to hear about them all the bloody time, but we aren't rivals. I don't really care what happens to them, I just find it funny when they do badly because I know so many Southampton fans.
I really hate Crawley though. They're just a nasty little club supported exclusively by fair weather supporters. Questionable chairman, questionable manager. They're a club with no redeeming features as far as I can tell.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

EHBA

Jan 12, 2011
Occasional Bmth lurker here. If this poll had been taken in the early 70's I suspect that the vote would have been nearly 100% Bournemouth, even if you'd included Palace in the poll. If the poll had been taken in Bournemouth at the same time, Brighton would have had 100%.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
I dislike Southampton greatly. Never met a decent Saints fan in real life; with all of them being gobby, arrogant dicks - though I did earn a bit of money off of this arrogance - Portsmouth I don't care much for.

Don't really feel anything towards Reading, and I like Bournemouth, even more so since Cooky's gone.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Pompey should be romping this,all those glory hunting fans wearing their shirts in Sussex a few years ago made me puke.I even know a few people from Worthing who started supporting them.At the end of the day they are as near as Palace to us.Saints don't even come close for me.

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think people have to accept that rivals change! Apparently before the Palace thing really kicked off in the 70s, Millwall were our biggest enemy.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think people have to accept that rivals change! Apparently before the Palace thing really kicked off in the 70s, Millwall were our biggest enemy.
Never heard Millwall mentioned before. Before Palace, Pompey were enemy #1, but it's all a bit sad having an unrequited rival.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Has to be the Scummers. The arrogance of some of their fans and Nigel Adkins is so irritating. They thought they'd piss the Championship and hopefully will carry on their dodgy spell at the moment for the rest of the season.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Definitely Southampton for me. For reasons already given, the sheer arrogance of their manager and fans, with their apparent god-given right to return to the Premiership and their belittling of us puts them top. The victory on Monday was very, very satisfying. Not so little any more, eh? And the fact that we managed to wind Lambert up so much that he has put a whole month of his club's form at risk is all the sweeter.

I'm largely indifferent to Pompey (only as a fellow south coast derby game), Reading's plasticity is laughable and have absolutely nothing against Bournemouth. Like someone already suggested, I'd like to see Crawley on that list.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Southampton for me and my dislike of them goes way back to the 70s, long before it became fashionable for Albion fans to hate them so it isn't a new thing for me. I also do not consider them as our rivals-I just dislike everything about them: The football club, its fans and the city-none of which have any redeemable values for me. Portsmouth are as bad and normally I'd have both of them equal in terms of dis-likeability until Stains' arrogance last season moved them ahead of Portsmouth for me.

Bournemouth? In the early 70s they'd have pissed this poll but now they're not on our radar (until the Russians start spending millions and they become a threat again).

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I rather like Bournemouth. Reading are nothing. Portsmouth shouldn't really exist anymore. Southampton have a thing about saying we're trying to make rivals of them. Sheesh

I went for Portsmouth.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Portsmouth are scummy no marks, I can't stand Southampton and I quite like Bournemouth. Who the f*** are Reading.

Dislike: Southampton > Portsmouth > Gillingham
Like: Bournemouth
Couldn't give a f*** about: Reading

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
I think I must be the 3rd Bournemouth lurker on here. Close thing between Reading and Soton for me... Can't really say I have much liking for either team tbh.

Most Bournemouth fans, I think, seem to quite like Portsmouth, and if I am honest it is only the small minority of chavs and kids they know no better that seem to try and generate a rivalry between B'mouth and Brighton. Yes it was always a South coast derby, but a rivalry... nahhhh...

And as of the comment above about 'until the Russians start spending their millions'... Well, they already have, so hopefully it won't be too long until I can visit the AMEX with Bournemouth...

Good luck guys :smile:

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Which regional rival do you dislike the most?

Duncan who looks after our midlands region sales team!
Utter twat!

As for footie, I dont like the Pompey mushes! :rave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here