Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which regional rival do you dislike the most?

Most disliked regional rival (after the Nigels)?

• Total voters

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Agreed.

The fact that we won there this season means unless its a really important game (promotion/relegation) there is no need to go back there. In fact I WONT. Because its SHIT. EVERYTHING about Pompey is SHIT.

Even their fans were quiet and that f***ing bell was as well.

Emsworth was the only decent bit of the pre match.

Do dislike going to Bournemouth, always seems such an over rated place, although Brockenshurst was good enough.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was completely indifferent to all of them until last season.

So, by default, Southampton gets my vote.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Apologies for ignoring Gillingham. It's not as if I actually forgot them either, I just considered them too insignificant. But then I should have left off Bournemouth for the same reason.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
The Southampton thing is just a passing phase, much like the Reading and Chesterfield rivalries from Withdean. Chances are they'll go up this year and then we will forget about each other.

I was too young when there was a bit of feistyness with Pompey, and so it's only their recent financial "situation" that has led to any reason to dislike them.

Bournemouth - meh
Reading - meh

So I'd probably have gone for Gillingham too, but I would only class that as a mild disliking just because they are so mickey mouse

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I cant say I like any of them. Stains for obvious reasons (cheating, dirty fuckers), Pompey (scummy fans), Bournemouth (last seasons match at Withdean) and Reading because I have quite a few reading supporting friends.

Stains take the crown quite easily though as they are so far up their own arses that they seem unable to see a game with any kind of unbiased view.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
No strong feelings about Stains, Pompey and frankly even Palace. I can't stand QPR though, seems that the handful of QPR fans I've met have all be utter tossers.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oh bugger, the thread said 'which regional rival do you dislike the most', and then the poll said 'after palace'. I voted Southampton by mistake! Like others I have no antipathy for Bournemouth either, even though it was always the big game pre-Palace.

I see Orient have long dropped off our radar. Again like others, I guess given their Brighton connections, I want them to do well

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
i've got a lot of respect for saints & pompey (might be a south coast solidarity thing) they bang on about geordies & macks,but were just as passionate on the south coast

saints & pompey have good fans like us,always been impressed with there turn out

personally i can't stand cockneys,always came down to brighton with numbers and tried to take the piss,the likes of spurs,west ham,chelsea & arsenal

really don't mind fulham,charlton or orient,even millwall,at least there fans are locals

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Portsmouth, Its the one club I have literally never met anyone who supports them that isn't a complete and utter see you next tuesday.

Even the odd saints fan is alright, in fact I chatted with a fairly amenable fella on the train to st marys and a different fella on the way back both of whom were knowledgeable and not the arrogant cocks most of the ones who venture on here are like.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Pompey - the place is a shithole populated by Neanderthals & owned by a succession of crooks.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Dislike in the title but many have referred to HATE.

Personally, I see it as "which team do you get most pleasure from beating" as that's when you can use your gut instinct to "measure" your response. And for me it was Stains on Monday. Don't get me wrong, I celebrated long and loud when Lawrence missed that pen, but I was happy to have a beer with a few Pompey afterwards (via a Pompey mate) and they were decent enough. On Monday I just wanted to see as many Stains at the station as possible to ram their smugness down their throats.:banana::O:clap:

Regionally, for me, it's:
Palarse ('05 as good as it gets)
Stains
Pompey
Creepy (5-0 in the FAC and jumped up Nigels who can't afford the train fare)
Gillingham
Reading

PG

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Can anyone remember a season when we beat both Pompey and Stains? jan 31st could see the unholy trinity of a season, wherever we finish up.

PG

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I didn't care about them since last season, and we have had some cracking games with them, so it has to be Southampton.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I didn't care about them since last season, and we have had some cracking games with them, so it has to be Southampton.
I agree. A match against Southampton, the banter before hand and after, the significance of the result, is to me much greater than the other teams listed.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Regionally, for me, it's:
Palarse ('05 as good as it gets)
Stains
Pompey
Creepy (5-0 in the FAC and jumped up Nigels who can't afford the train fare)
Gillingham
Reading

PG
You see for me, this is baffling. Crawley aren't a proper football club. They are a tiny new kid on the block who happen to be in our back yard. Minor annoyance perhaps, but just behind Portsmouth in your annoyance list is plain weird. What have Crawley ever done except be slaughtered 5-0 at the Goldstone and average about one tenth or so of our average gate since the dawn of time?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
It seems not, as you voted Southampton and are not clever. :thumbsup:

So IF stains get promoted and your scummer relative shows his new "Stains, Pride of the south" scarf you will applaude no doubt?

After all a bunch of egotistical fuckwits that put "here for 1 season" on their shirts can be rellied upon to snap up those little gems.

f*** THAT! I want a an Albion Scarf like that that is neither a joke or questionable. Hence stains are our main enemy and with our rise we are the biggest barrier to them giving it large. If Pompey go down I doubt they want Pompey questioning scummer supremacy with "No your not, Brighton are". For the same reason the biggest club in South London is Millwall.

I am happy to give the scummers credit when they deserve it, but if there is a smidgen of doubt they are not f***ing getting the benefit of it. I have no wish to massage the over large egos of those deluded fuckwits.

How ever scummy pompey are, and they are, is irrelevant, they could well surrender 6 points to us this season. Its about present and near future bragging rights.

If you were smart of always had the albion first in your mind you would get this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here