Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which OBSCURE Albion games have you been to?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
talking of reserves, i remember seeing a young sol campbell playing for spurs reserves against brightion reserves in about 94-95 i think

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Inter-Toto Cup 1995/1996

25/6/1995
Tottenham Hotspur (0) - FC Luzern (2)
Attendance - 2,497

15/7/1995
Tottenham Hotspur (1) - Osters IF Vaxjo (2)
Attendance - 2,143

24/6/1995
Wimbledon (0) - Bursaspor (4)
Attendance - 1,215

16/7/1995
Wimbledon (0) - Beitar Jerusalem (0)
Attendance - ?

Who went to all those then? If you went to the Beitar game, can you remember the attendance?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i definently saw one game for spurs and one for wimbledon. have no idea who it was agaisnt though

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
Not really an Albion game but I went to an England under 18 international at the Goldstone. Which on reflection was a bit strange.

I have seen Upper Beeidng play this season. Think they only lost 5-0 that day. Also went to watch Lancing reserves play coz a mate was turning out for them.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Pre season friendly in 1981 against an African team. We won 2-0 and Andy Richie scored a goal. I had just bought my first SLR camera and took a picture of the winning goal and some of the Fatty Taxman lieing on the North Stand Terraces

Barnsley away in the League Cup 1981/2, we were slaughtered 4-1 by a team two divisions below us, remember giving Jimmy Case some stick for not trying very hard.

Pre season friendly at Cambridge in 1984/5. No one on the turnstiles so wandered through the players entrance onto the pitch and was then quizzed by the Cambridge manager (John Docherty) as to what the f*** were we doing

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
saltash seagull said:
anyone on here actully go in from the start of the mansfield boycott game?

OK, OK, I admit it, I can't take the guilt no more, I must confess.

I went to the Mansfield boycott game FROM THE START!!
I was still at the young age where I did what my old man told me to do and, as he can't stand any kind of mob rule and generally just likes to have a different opinion to everyone else. He, myself, Hart's Mistress and a couple of people we used to go with all trooped in for the kick off. Still remember some bloke standing by the turnstile door asking us not to go in but my dad ignored him. As we went past, the bloke said, 'fine, support Archer then!' and my old man said 'OK!' and off we went in!

Also, get this, at the final whistle at the last game at the Goldstone, my Dad REFUSED to let me go on the pitch, basically telling me that I would not go and see the Albion again if I did! Obviously I therefore didn't go on the pitch but I have secretly never forgiven him for this. I wanted some of the pitch or maybe a seat or something!

However, I will NOT hear a bad word said against my dad as he paid for both me and Hart's Mistress to go to every home game and a fair few away games for about 10 years. Not only that he always drove us to them, Goldstone, Gilligham, Withdean, f***ing Scunthorpe away, the lot. If it wasn't for him I would probably be supporting some premiership rubbish. In fact, this is the first season I have paid for my own tickets ever. (aged 20 now!). He is the model football dad and I wish everyone had one and, if I ever am a dad, I follow his example (except I might let the little nipper invade the pitch every now and then!).

Jameson

away to Hailsham Town - and Hailsham were playing the game to raise funds for the Albion :nono:

Cannot recall the date but Liam Brady was manager, Bellotti :tosser: in attendance.

Sadest sight in football - Liam Brady, once best player in Europe, trudging across the Beaconsfield, worst pitch in the world, ever...

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
saw Brighton win 8-1 against Hassocks in the sussex senior cup and couple of years, i think Daniel Webb Score a hat-rick and I think David Lee also scored ???

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
ah, the sussezx senior cup. i remember when a game against crawley was abandoned just after half time because the pitch was freezing over

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Did the Dutch pre season tours early 80's
V RWDM in Dordrecht, won 5-0 very silly
V Groningen 0-0 I think
V Vitesse 1-0
V PSV believe it or not. Lost 3-0 that was fun!

Vicar :drink:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
tommy boy 86 said:
scotty mac you are an obscure game legend:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

why thank you

a friendly at leatherhead in 96-97 under floodlights comes to mind as well

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
On a Friday night from what I remember. I think we lost as well.

we did. it was quite shocking

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here