Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which OBSCURE Albion games have you been to?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
paul armstong- the memories! he managed to get in the ireland u21 squad at one time didn't he, or was that just by wishful thinking of us having good players then?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Scotty M said:
paul armstong- the memories! he managed to get in the ireland u21 squad at one time didn't he, or was that just by wishful thinking of us having good players then?

No he definetly did. I remember seeing us play at Kilkenny and they kept announcing that the Albion had former Ireland U21 Paul Armstrong in the squad.

I think that night in Leatherhead, Case spent most of it in the bar.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i remember whoever our goalie was was shocking on the night - more than likely nicky rust!

Jul 7, 2003
Ditchling
I have vague memories of going to see us winning the Jewish Chronicle Trophy in about 1980 against Tel Aviv Maccabi. As a result, I think we bought Moshe Gariani. Does anyone else remember this or have I gone mad?

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani joined us from Maccabi Nethanya - for a £40,000 fee. He played 17 minutes for us (as substitute against Southampton), before we sold him (for much less than £40,000) to Maccabi Tel Aviv.

It was Maccabi Nethanya who played at the Goldstone.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I went to a mid-week FA Cup replay at the Fellows Park, old Walsall ground. The whole area was a bit of a dump.

The railway ran past the ground and the trains paid a horrid noice. Sounds familiar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here