Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which OBSCURE Albion games have you been to?

Which games have you been to that you reckon not many others have?

My top three:

2001/02 - Swansea away, first round of the LDV Trophy. 87 Albion fans see us run out 2-1 winners with goals from Lee Steele and Dirk Lehmann (his only first team goal for the club).

1996/97 - Fulham at home in the Auto Windscreens Shield. Won 3-2 with a golden goal from Mark Fox (I think, or was it James Virgo?). Just over 1,300 there (600 less than the boycott game).

1997/98 - Barnet at home. Lost 3-0 on Bonfire Night while Man United were on the telly playing Barcelona. Lowest ever League crowd, 1,025.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Plymouth away in December 94, Shilton was taking them down, we had been on one of our losing runs under Brady and there must have been about 90 of us on a wet terrace behind the goal. We won 3-0 (Codner 2 and Akinbyi got one), Codner scored from about 45 yards.

If we get on to pre-season games, I have been to some very obscure ones, including 2 trips to Ireland, Stafford Rangers away and an Albion 11 playing at Chertsey.

D

Deleted User X18H

I went to a game against New Zealand somewhen in 1991 at the Goldstone and a reserve game after school against Southampton
in which Mark Wright played circa 1984

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Almost two entire seasons of Saturday afternoon reserve games at the Goldstone during the 1967-70 period. Would go along with two friends from Mile Oak and stand in the North Stand almost every other Saturday and marvel at many players - whose names have long since forgotten and also catch a few stars such as Charlie Livesey and John Templeman and even Howard Wilkinson.
Remember our goalies Turner and Powney used to sign autographs while the ball was at the other end of the pitch!!! Oh such professionalism!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Also Leeds United away November 1980. We lost 1-0 in a drab game on a very cold afternoon. There were only a couple of hundred of us huddled on open terracing being pelted with coins and sharp objects by Leeds scum.
A forgettable day, execept for the frostbite in my toes

D

Deleted User X18H

In a evening reserve game don't remember the oppostion Perry Digweed told me and my mates to F*ck off home , we were giving he some stck though from the north stand.

All the home reserve games from about 92-94. I also went to the New Zealand game at the Goldstone.

Southampton away reserve game in about 1996 when I was a student. We drew 1-1, with Peter Smith getting praise from the saints faithful and Jeff Minton scoring a peach!

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I once went to see the youth team play a pre-season friendly away at Bognor, which was held on a park in Chichester somewhere I think.

I also went to Goodison to see the youth team in the FA Youth Cup against Everton.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
away at walsall in ldv throphy about 1997 i think. night game. but a few brighton fans went. think we got beat about 6.0

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
tommy boy 86 said:
i went to one of the inter-toto cup games they had at the goldstone, wimbledon against some team, turkish i think.

haha! i went to them as well. tottenham also played at the goldstone

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Plymouth away in the auto windscreen in the hereford season they was about 20 - 30 of us we lost 1 0 2 a paul wooton 30 yarder.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Chelmsford away pre-season friendly some years ago, on Charity Shield day I seem to recall.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
petersfield or something like that away in a pre-season friendly before 1996-1997

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Brighton v ????? reserves game, when Gotsmanov was playing for us, my Sales Manager at the time (who lived in Bristol) was linesman for that game, Superwife and I sat in the Dirctors box discussing team selection, tactics and the like, not realising that Barry Lloyd was sat in front of us in a duffle coat. He just smiled at us when we went in the bar for a drink after.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
Safeway said:
Which games have you been to that you reckon not many others have?

My top three:

2001/02 - Swansea away, first round of the LDV Trophy. 87 Albion fans see us run out 2-1 winners with goals from Lee Steele and Dirk Lehmann (his only first team goal for the club).

1996/97 - Fulham at home in the Auto Windscreens Shield. Won 3-2 with a golden goal from Mark Fox (I think, or was it James Virgo?). Just over 1,300 there (600 less than the boycott game).

1997/98 - Barnet at home. Lost 3-0 on Bonfire Night while Man United were on the telly playing Barcelona. Lowest ever League crowd, 1,025.

ditto the second two... also the 1215 crowd v peterboro (2-2 draaw midweek) at the pissfield....

saw the spurs intertoto game... it was against lucerne i believe...

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I went to a game somewhere in Sussex that promised to have some Albion players there. It was a charity event of some kind. In the end, no Albion players showed and we were treated to a full 90-minute game that involved a midget who was an Ewok in Return of the Jedi, the brother of Cat from Red Dwarf and a Norman Wisdom impressionist.
It was an amazing day.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Meade's_Ball said:
I went to a game somewhere in Sussex that promised to have some Albion players there. It was a charity event of some kind. In the end, no Albion players showed and we were treated to a full 90-minute game that involved a midget who was an Ewok in Return of the Jedi, the brother of Cat from Red Dwarf and a Norman Wisdom impressionist.
It was an amazing day.

I think ladies and gentlemen, this one wins it:D :clap2: :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here