Which frequently repeated thread on NSC do you hate the most

:whistle:

• Clubs you hate the most

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • "Player XXXX Signs" with a picture of a sign

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Celebrities you've met

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • "I've made up a new song!" (that no one wants to sing cos it's BENT as)

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • Soppy outrage at some child being buggered, gasps of horror all round then someone cracks a joke

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Seasonal (eg Who'll be the first to post on New Year's Day)

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • Sorry I did too many options

Votes: 6 8.5%

• Total voters

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Threads about other clubs being in trouble which result in loads of you droning on about how they've brought it on themselves and how somebody will bail them out anyway, completely forgetting how everyone else (almost) rallied round when you were in trouble, and not realising how graceless this makes you look....
:fishing:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Player XXXX Signs" with a picture of a sign

Its just pointless and over done.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Anything involving politics or religion as it invariably causes arguments.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Threads about:

-how shit xxx club's stewards are
-how bad the day's referee is
-how bad the club ticket office is
-a few "top boys" getting spotted at ANY game, ANYwhere, attracting a load of twice-yearly posters like moths round a lightbulb, boasting about how we "ran" xxx club's home stand in March 1981.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Any story from the Torygraph/Mail about how the word Christmas has been banned by a local council.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Threads about:

Now come on, every ref is appalling and the ones that ref us when we lose are the pits, cannot believe that you are dissing this.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Threads that start off quite amusing/interesting but end up with the same 3 or 4 people making "hilarious" quips about anal rape, foreskins, child sex or rimming.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Wheres the Andy Townsend option?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Should we bring back capital punishment for....."

Crops up every time a sex offender gets jailed. It's been done to death.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not so bad now that you can read more info on a thread without actually going into it but the one I used to detest would be.

NEW SIGNINGS!!!
You would drill into the thread to be met with the question Any news?

These would be always posted by the usual retards ( you know who you are) who couldn't be arsed to look at the numerous other threads already written on the subject because they like "Starting" threads.

The same people also bounce a thread they have started, after about 10 mins with a "Well?:bounce:" if people have had the audacity not to reply to their interesting thread!

I would be interested to see which posters, as a % of their posts start the most threads.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
'Where will you be sitting at Falmer'

'Train to 'insert team name''

Those two are probably the one's which annoy me most. I generally hate it when people post things which were posted days beforehand and they act as if no-one had heard it.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
How do I get GOSBTS on my Nokia?

*oldschool*

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
STH +3.
how many f***ing variations can there be.

Player XXXX Signs" with a picture of a sign

Its just pointless and over done.

Threads about:

-how shit xxx club's stewards are
-how bad the club ticket office is
-a few "top boys" getting spotted at ANY game, ANYwhere, attracting a load of twice-yearly posters like moths round a lightbulb, boasting about how we "ran" xxx club's home stand in March 1981.

Roll call for <insert club here>

Threads about other clubs being in trouble which result in loads of you droning on about how they've brought it on themselves and how somebody will bail them out anyway, completely forgetting how everyone else (almost) rallied round when you were in trouble, and not realising how graceless this makes you look....
:fishing:

I feel the same about 'Points from the next 3 games'. Like it ever followed the script.

"Special signing is" threads and any thread which starts with the phrase "Will Gus leave us for......(insert any other wanky club other than Brighton here) "

XXXX has scored/been sent off/got injured/farted for YYYY

Ex players scoring or doing something note worthy for other teams.

Some of them that have been through about 52 clubs since leaving us.

I find transfer speculation particularly boring, you can get all that endlessly on Sky Sports News

These (even though I may have contributed at one point or another to many of them).

I would also add
-'If only our home support were as vocal as our away/how do we get the home fans to sing like we did at [away club]/the fans can be the 12th man, they just need to get behind the team at withdean'
-Threads that tease one thing and result in something else as a "joke" (i.e. Murray gone! - Andy Murray was eliminated from latest tennis tournament)
-Not necessarily threads, more individual posts that hint/suggest/brag that the poster has inside info, especially the "I know something but I can't say anything type".
-Threads/posts about proving how much of a supporter you are (who many games you attend, which years you had season tickets, how far you've travelled for away games, etc. I would suggest many "favourite albion player ever" type threads are about snobbery. 'Lualua, you say? Clearly you are a new fan, and haven't been following us very long...'
-I'm going large on...
-Thread by people who are starting it just to start a thread, such as pointless 'police in road in brighton' threads.
-Misleading titles when the thread is simply an advert for an appallingly badly written blog/"column".

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Every time the adverts come on it's 'Who Killed the F*ing Zutons', I'm not buying it on principle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here