Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which football team did you play for ??

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Unfortuantely in life there are many many instances when it is crucial that you have relevant experience. Football is one.

To somehow validate our own football tactical knowledge based on our Bevendean Badgers Under 9's career is worthless.

The names you have mentioned might give comfort to your own deluded footballing credibility, but it is worthless.

All the names mentioned by you, have an earlier footballing experience far higher than anyone here, no doubt.

I was just observing that some of our own footballing experiences are extremely basic, yet sometimes we can act as if we are somehow experts on the finer details of the game.

I enjoy it and long may it continue, but this enjoyable thread did show to me that our views will always be dismissed by our more experienced peers.

Politics is a wholly different animal than the footballing comparison that you have offered.

I beleive that politics is rightly driven by our own personal opinion and do not think, as sadly you do, that political forum is the exclusive domain of Scholars and Lawyers :down:

Anyway Wilkins better play 4-4-2 tonight coz it worked for me for Bevendean Badgers 1979 Under 12's ;)

You really are a pompous knob aren't you. I don't claim any football knowledge so accusations of delusion are slapped straight back at arrogant old you I'm afraid. I was merely pointing out the flaw in your argument.

Likewise, you completely missed the point I was making about politics and law and I make no claims as to political forums being the exclusive preserve of lawyers. In fact, the exact opposite claim is made by me. Quite how you make out that I'm arguing what you claim is baffling. But par for the course from you.

I won't bother with patronising smilies.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
in my younger years i played for the original Biggin Hill youngsters team until that folded, then i played a couple of times for my Secondary School team (Hayes). I now play for Sibly Hall (internal university league) The Keston Jets (team back home) and am a signed up member of the Dinkum Blades (The Dinkum Pub, Polegate) in one of the sussex leagues after playing in a friendly. i have yet to make my competative debut

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You really are a pompous knob aren't you. I don't claim any football knowledge so accusations of delusion are slapped straight back at arrogant old you I'm afraid. I was merely pointing out the flaw in your argument.

Likewise, you completely missed the point I was making about politics and law and I make no claims as to political forums being the exclusive preserve of lawyers. In fact, the exact opposite claim is made by me. Quite how you make out that I'm arguing what you claim is baffling. But par for the course from you.

I won't bother with patronising smilies.

But I have expalined why it is not a flaw.

The inititial point was quite clear, that it must be seen as laughable when we quite clearly havent played ANY decent level of football whilst offering an in depth analysis of Wilkins and Co. weaknesses.

You somehow defended this as nonsense coz of the names you put forward intimating they in someway had no knowledge or experiences themselves before becoming successful. That was nonesense and inaccurate.

You then tried to compare my reasonable view with a view that tried to invalidate my own personal view on a political discussion on some past thread.

Well mate it didnt work and it wasnt particularly well thought out.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
But I have expalined why it is not a flaw.

The inititial point was quite clear, that it must be seen as laughable when we quite clearly havent played ANY decent level of football whilst offering an in depth analysis of Wilkins and Co. weaknesses.

You somehow defended this as nonsense coz of the names you put forward intimating they in someway had no knowledge or experiences themselves before becoming successful. That was nonesense and inaccurate.

You then tried to compare my reasonable view with a view that tried to invalidate my own personal view on a political discussion on some past thread.

Well mate it didnt work and it wasnt particularly well thought out.

so which team did you play for again???

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
sʞɔossɐɥ buıuıoظ ǝɹoɟǝq qn1ɔ s11nbɐǝs & sɹǝʌoɹ uʍopɥʇos 'pooʍʞɐo 'sɹǝbıʇ ssoɹɔpuɐɥ ɹoɟ pǝʎɐ1d ı

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
so which team did you play for again???

Dont get defensive, I have not once tried to belittle anyone on here in terms of whom they might of played for.

I also didnt say I think opinions should only be given if you have played a higher level, but come on, I cant even find a poster who has said he is a County Level Footballer, in fact many seem not to have any further link with playing or coaching beyond the age of 11 !!

Surely you too must laugh when we try to give experienced ex-pros are analytical football views and then are surprised when they are dismissed out of hand.

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
. And bevendean barcelonas' were yellow & black. All made by a shop, i think, that used to be in Nevill Rd?

Twas indeed.

(Nice thread BTW - Does BGully have to tarnish it other agenda's?)

I played for Barcelona between '80 and '85 ish for U10's to U15's and we trounced Badgers every time..

Were Hampden Park the ones with the man hole in the pitch ?! Really violent parents too as i recall - some punch ups.

Played against Preston Panthers, Whitehawk (with Ian Chapman), Holl Hawks, and Saltdean Tigers with sloping pitch.!

Then went on to play for Melford FC with Roland Ward and Richard Lacey for two years.

Jimbo26

Jan 25, 2007
Portslade Old Village
They were wicked - the Coombe Rovers ones were Blue & Red (palace colours FFS) with 'Coombe Rovers YFC' on the back. And bevendean barcelonas' were yellow & black. All made by a shop, i think, that used to be in Nevill Rd?
Was that shop Logo Sports ?. I used to buy loads of footy gear there as a young lad.:blush:

bosnian

Jul 31, 2003
As a 13 year old I had ONE training session with Bev Badgers... and never got a call back! LOL!

As an 11 year old i spent two months training with Southwick and played in one game, and had ONE training session with Highlands Rovers, before THEY didn't call me back too! Gutted about the last one as i played bloody well during that session!

...the glamorous story of my football career!

Ha Ha I expect your still sitting by the phone waiting. lol

D

Deleted member 2719

Lurgashall
Northchapel
Witley
Petworth

Retired for 9 years now would love to come out and play a few more years but my knee won't let me.

Enjoy while you can there is no other buzz better (including watching the Albion beat the Palace) controversial or what!!

World of Sport

Mar 9, 2007
WSU
Chelsea (where i thought i was pretty good),
Sheff Wed,
Huddersfield,
Brighton (they didn't like me)
Swansea,
MK Dons,
Wycombe

have you guessed who i am yet :tosser:

PCBEARDMLORD

Isn't it ?
Jan 30, 2008
Patcham
As a 13 year old I had ONE training session with Bev Badgers... and never got a call back! LOL!

As an 11 year old i spent two months training with Southwick and played in one game, and had ONE training session with Highlands Rovers, before THEY didn't call me back too! Gutted about the last one as i played bloody well during that session!

...the glamorous story of my football career!

I Played for Highlands Rovers when i was 17 - 21. Then i ruptured my cruciate ligament and have never played since. I am sure I was on the brink of an England call up ....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
White Horse Wanderers (Rottingdean) Seniors

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I Played for Highlands Rovers when i was 17 - 21. Then i ruptured my cruciate ligament and have never played since. I am sure I was on the brink of an England call up ....

You must know one of my best mates then - he played left back for HR for years...

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Ha Ha I expect your still sitting by the phone waiting. lol

Anyone want to offer a two footed midfield player (carrying some extra weight) a chance...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here