Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which first team regular would you be happy to see replaced.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
f*** me, some of the views on this thread are absolutely frightening.

Ankergren ? Two L1 player of the month awards, a hand (or two) in the 2nd meanest defence in the division, and a VITAL cog in the style of play which Gus has imposed on this team. You think EVERY keeper is as comfortable receiving the ball at his feet and playing it round the back like a 5th outfield defender as Ankergren ? Just check out some other keepers in this division (and above) to see how they cope with the ball at their feet - if they don't hump it up the park, they're all over the shop. As for glaring errors, in 44 league games you've probably got about 3, tops. A very acceptable return.

El Abd ? Coming off the back of the season of his life, where he has blossomed under Gus into one of the best centrebacks in the division. Tough, uncompromising, terrific positional sense and anticipation, powerful in the air even against taller opponents, reliable, has cut out the errors, composed, comfortable bringing the ball out and adapting to our style of play. What more do you want FFS ?

Painter ? I have not the words. How ANYONE thinks this guy isn't up to the Championship is completely beyond me. He is consistency personified, never gets skinned, supports coming forward and oozes class week in, week out.

As for the notion that we must retain players based on their knowledge of the clubs history and playing at Withdean - bonkers. You would ACTUALLY rather see us relegated on that basis than see us push forward by strengthening and adding to what we have with a better class of player, because they haven't "slummed it" with us at the athletics track these last few years ??

Scary.

Oct 6, 2010
Ankergren ? Two L1 player of the month awards, a hand (or two) in the 2nd meanest defence in the division, and a VITAL cog in the style of play which Gus has imposed on this team. You think EVERY keeper is as comfortable receiving the ball at his feet and playing it round the back like a 5th outfield defender as Ankergren ? Just check out some other keepers in this division (and above) to see how they cope with the ball at their feet - if they don't hump it up the park, they're all over the shop. As for glaring errors, in 44 league games you've probably got about 3, tops. A very acceptable return..

Not saying he is shit, but if we are gonna move up a level we need a keeper who does all that AND commands his area

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
f*** me, some of the views on this thread are absolutely frightening.

Ankergren ? Two L1 player of the month awards, a hand (or two) in the 2nd meanest defence in the division, and a VITAL cog in the style of play which Gus has imposed on this team. You think EVERY keeper is as comfortable receiving the ball at his feet and playing it round the back like a 5th outfield defender as Ankergren ? Just check out some other keepers in this division (and above) to see how they cope with the ball at their feet - if they don't hump it up the park, they're all over the shop. As for glaring errors, in 44 league games you've probably got about 3, tops. A very acceptable return.

El Abd ? Coming off the back of the season of his life, where he has blossomed under Gus into one of the best centrebacks in the division. Tough, uncompromising, terrific positional sense and anticipation, powerful in the air even against taller opponents, reliable, has cut out the errors, composed, comfortable bringing the ball out and adapting to our style of play. What more do you want FFS ?

Painter ? I have not the words. How ANYONE thinks this guy isn't up to the Championship is completely beyond me. He is consistency personified, never gets skinned, supports coming forward and oozes class week in, week out.

As for the notion that we must retain players based on their knowledge of the clubs history and playing at Withdean - bonkers. You would ACTUALLY rather see us relegated on that basis than see us push forward by strengthening and adding to what we have with a better class of player, because they haven't "slummed it" with us at the athletics track these last few years ??

Scary.

spot on

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Maybe it's time for a thread asking which NSC poster should be removed, why do we need a negative thread like this ?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
My team for next season:

New
Calderon, Greer, New, Painter
Bennett or New, New, Bridcutt, LuaLua or Noone,
Murray or New, New

subs: Ankergren, McNulty, el Abd, Dicker, Sparrow (away) or New(striker - home) Barnes, Noone or New

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm amazed to find myself typing this, but I think Calderon will struggle defensively.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm amazed to find myself typing this, but I think Calderon will struggle defensively.

the trick is to set the side up to cover for him defensively (which is where bennett has been so good) and then play to his attacking strengths

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
The team we have now would finish mid table imho so if no one goes or comes in I'd be happy. As Easy has said suggesting ankergren, painter and el abd is scandalous

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
The trick will to offer more competion to everyone ,and keep them happy. Lets face it ,some of Gus,s squad this season just made the numbers up .

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Wood.

I'd be stunned and gutted if Gus bought him or took him on loan again.
Save his wages for someone better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here